Progression

Previous topic - Next topic

lmlalo

Hey guys,

I know that up until now I've been lucky—just pain with erections, and no visible deformity—but last night I noticed what looks to be the beginning of some hour glassing and bending right where my most painful plaque is (I have two areas of plaque). It's been a bit of a blow to my positivity.

I'm taking the pills, getting the injections, doing the traction, and adhering strictly to an anti-inflammatory diet. I've been good about it, so I'm despondent to feel things are getting worse. Mainly because it seems it is out of my hands, despite my best efforts.

I know that my most positive self would tell me to buck up, get back on track with sleeping and exercise (both of which have been lax lately) to cope with a considerable amount of work stress that is happening—and possibly improve my Peyronies Disease. But it's just... hard and anxiety provoking.

This is more venting than an actual question. But I guess a question is: How much do people think stress, sleep, and exercise factor into the potential progression of the disease?

Cheers.

Paolo

Imlalo, In my opinion stress is number one followed by poor sleep, poor sleep is currently what I suffer from, regarding stress do all that is possible to alleviate it, there are many herbs for anxiety, I find Avena Sativa three times a day helps and have recently started Ionic Magnesium for the sleep issues.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

lmlalo

Thanks, Paolo. You're right. In my weakest moment, my head goes to: "What more could I be doing?" Then the rational part of me answers: "Sleeping better and exercising more." It was just a down day yesterday. I think a therapist might be oin the cards, too. Again, thanks for the insight.