New approach to the understanding of Peyronies Disease: psychoneuroimmune–endocrine aspects

Previous topic - Next topic

Sta

Hi!

I wrote several posts in the past with regard to Peyronies Disease nature. I have myself witnessed the developing of my Peyronies Disease and keloid scar (on my back after small mole removal surgery) simultaneously during very stresfull period of my life. And this new article brilliantly outlines the idea I have come to during my years of trying to combat both post-operative keloid scar and Peyronies Disease. I need to mention that in my opinon Peyronies Disease is precisly the same core phenomenom as keloid: aberrant wound healing on response to injury/exogenous stress. That is why I allowed myself to modify the title of the topic.

I just post the link and hope you will find it fascinating to read as I have:

New approach to the understanding of keloid: psychoneuroimmune–endocrine aspects

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4329995/

It would be nice to get feedback of how much stress you were loaded with/ how nervous you were when first noticed Peyronies Disease symptoms.

Born 1985, Peyronie's since 2011/12. Lost approximately 3 cm of length and seriously bottlenecked.

Paolo

Sta, that article is very interesting, for me I remember my condition appeared after bereavement, and subsequent depressive episode, for which I was prescribed Prozac, which I weaned myself off ASAP, my job was also stressing me at the time.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

skunkworks

Is certainly very interesting, but only seems to talk about possible causes rather than treatments?  
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

Sta

Quote from: skunkworks on November 07, 2016, 03:38:47 AM
Is certainly very interesting, but only seems to talk about possible causes rather than treatments?

Yes, but that gives us interesting perspectives. Yet the holistic approach does not assume any "royal road" to quick healing...
Born 1985, Peyronie's since 2011/12. Lost approximately 3 cm of length and seriously bottlenecked.

NeoV

This is saddening to me, but very interesting and something I have to remember to look into more.

I certainly was under extreme stress while Peyronie's was bad, and now again while my neuropathy is bad. But that said, I find I have very little control over my stress, despite it being framed as something you simply take care of and you're all good to go. I exercise, meditate, eat extremely clean and do alternate day fasting, I have a wife and dog, my father and step mother are psychologists and wonderful people, yet a portion of my "stress" is automatic, triggered by nearly nothing or complex factors. I won't be able to sleep for example, for no obvious reasons. Or I'll have a panic attack, as I just did while in the MRI tube while getting a brain scan. I had to push the emergency button and get out for a bit to rest. But as the above theory suggests, we enter a kind of stress response "loop," where the physical symptoms caused by original stress causes more stress. Or perhaps it really is autoimmune, and our bodies are attacking our CNS and tissue.

I think solving stress is just as hard if not HARDER than solving a physical issue, since it really is physical, and when we say "psychological" we really mean brain / nervous system.

Are you really sleeping enough? Are you eating too much? Having too much caffeine? Perhaps you think you're relationship is saving you, when it's actually making you more stressed. It's all very complex. I love the topic and I'll definitely put more thought into it.

This really reminds me that I have to treat myself better. Meditate seriously again (I used to be very serious about it, and loved the benefits). Everyone be gentle with yourself!

Lester7