Peyronies Society Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Augusta Medical extend thanks all forum members
Read details here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CBD (cannabidiol) extract oil/wax  (Read 1320 times)

nastyone

• Voting Member
CBD (cannabidiol) extract oil/wax
« on: November 02, 2016, 08:16:09 PM »

I haven't posted on this forum in a number of years, but have recently returned for not so good reasons..anyway..I just thought I'd share this as a way of giving something back to everyone here that has given out so much support, moral and otherwise. I'll let each person do their own research, as any chemical or drug affects one person different to the next. I've recently started trying CBD oil in its various forms, from vaping it to eating edible candies and gummies. I've noticed a huge decrease in back pain, and it is supposedly supposed to contain strong anti-inflammatory properties. Like I said, I haven't done all that much research myself other than some basic searches. But it is legal in all 50 states and if it can't help you with pain or inflammation, maybe it can help relieve some anxiety. It is quite pricey as it's fairly new to the market, but if it helps your health or quality of life at all I say it's worth it. I know how desperate this "disease" can make you looking for answers, and how our biggest obstacle is psychological. Hoping this post helps someone out along the way.
Thanks

pizzaman

• Voting Member
Re: CBD (cannabidiol) extract oil/wax
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 04:26:35 PM »

With regard to Peyronie's, cannabis can be somewhat negative due to vasoconstriction. The vasoconstriction may be a property of THC moreso than CBD though.
I just know that if I smoke cannabis, I tend to get "shrinkage" and my sexual functioning is basically nonexistent.

james1947

• Major Contributor
  • Age 69. Peyronies from January 2009
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 09:00:26 PM »

First I am 100% with Pizzaman!!!
Second, even if:
...it is legal in all 50 states...
It not means it is a good thing. It helps to relieve anxiety while you are under the influence of the drug and makes the anxiety worst afterwards.
Not talking about the danger of driving, operating mechanical/electrical/pneumatical tools and so on
Also inability to concentrate, very important in many jobs.
Try working on a software while you are under influence
Just the opinion of an old man that read a lot

James

nastyone

• Voting Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 12:32:40 AM »

And that's the main issue, is education. Of course it's not going to be for everybody. But some may get some relief. Not many people even know the difference between thc and cbd. And don't care to learn because of the stigma associated with it. It has zero psychoactive effects, meaning it doesn't get you high. What it does, atleast for me, is take the edge of my anxiety when it gets too intense. And I agree, its not good to rely on any drug, but at the same time I'd rather consume this than pop another pill such as valium or xanax. I'm not trying to persuade anyone one way or another, just tossing out some information along with my ideas.
And if your worried about the negative effects from smoking/vaping, there are edibles as well. I think people should just maintain an open mind and judge for themselves what they think may be beneficial for them through their own research.

WhatNext81

• Voting Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 03:49:45 AM »

Cbd oil is known for it's anti-inflammatory qualities. I'd try it if it wasn't so expensive. As far as a stress reliever, everything we put in our bodies or what we do has an effect on brain receptors. Alcohol, exercise, painting, whatever, can be outlets for stress. We don't rely on them all of the time. We put all of these other supplemts in our bodies and crappy foods. It's sad that cbd Oil and it's relation to marijuana have given it a bad name. From what studies I've read, I understand that the oil builds up in your system and can help arthritis and a lot of other things over time. I was in a store with a friend who has arthritis and they tried some of the lotion. They thought it wouldn't do anything but after a little bit of time they noticed their wrist felt better. I don't know. Kind of interesting. It's sad that the pharmaceutical industry is so afraid of marijuana because they simply haven't found a way to patent it and regulate it on a federal level and it obviously would hurt the industry among many others. Does anyone remember when scientists were paid to say sugar isn't bad( hello diabetes and inflammation) and fats were horrible. There are plenty of healthy fats. Peyronie's is very interesting, really, really crappy and frustrating.

pey ron

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 11:20:52 PM »

i would stay away from THC. The endocannabinoid receptor 1 is extremely pro-fibrotic. The endocannabinoid receptor 2 is strongly anti-fibrotic.

You want to be on a CB1 blocker and on a CB2 agonist.

pey ron

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 11:23:16 PM »

p.s.: except blocking CB1 will lead to severe mental issues

Paolo

• Major Contributor
  • 55 Year old with stable Peyronie's
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 03:12:56 AM »

Agree  :o
Sometimes to Win the War You’ve Got to Lose a Battle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up