Having Operation 3 days before.

Previous topic - Next topic

oceanfish

Background, I was suffering from congenital penile curvature (Downward 50 degree, Leftward 15 degree) since I was conscious to my parts.
I am refereed to an Urologist and I have undergone Nesbitt's procedure on 21th Sept, 2016.
The doctor showed me intraoperational picture to me and I saw it is completely straightened.

My penis is now wrapped by Coban and aligned upward by bandage, it causes pain while it erect during night time.
An urinary catheter is also inserted after the procedure,
Doctor told me the catheter is better removed on Day 7 after the procedure, I am asking if I could remove it earlier.
I searched for the information about the catheter and none of those mentioned about the catheter.
I would like to ask if I am able to take flight back to my home next week. I am having this procedure done apart my city, is it safe to take flight after my catheter removed?

Old Man

oceanfish:

You should be asking those questions to the doctor that did your procedure. He should have briefed you on what to expect after the surgery.

Only a doctor can give you a good answer to your questions, especially the one who did the procedure.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

redbullmaster

The only reason for keeping the catheter in is to keep your bandages dry.

I had the nessbit and the stage, neither left in the catheter.

On my implant which I had done 5 weeks ago.
They left it, in so I wouldn't pee on the bandages.

But I'm not a your doctor, as old man says ask your doctor.

oceanfish

Quote from: Old Man on September 24, 2016, 07:26:49 PM
oceanfish:

You should be asking those questions to the doctor that did your procedure. He should have briefed you on what to expect after the surgery.

Only a doctor can give you a good answer to your questions, especially the one who did the procedure.

Old Man

Thanks Old Man,
I am going to remove all the bandage and catheter on Tuesday. And see if I had violated any Dr's advises. :)

Stabler

I work in the medical field. ALWAYS FOLLOW YOUR DOCTORS INSTRUCTIONS.

It doesn't matter how good you feel or how fast you think YOU recover from things. Do what the doctor has said to do. If you want to do something different ASK HIM but do not do it on your own.

Stabler67
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

redbullmaster

[Full quote removed]

From my own experience doctors are not the all knowing gods they like us to believe.
When I had my implant 5 weeks ago they sent me home with a catheter because they didn't want the bandages getting wet from urination.

Makes sense, but I've had two operations on my penis before.
So I knew what to expect.

Tried to say the bandage's wont stay on for 4 days, could I have some spare and change them myself.
Remove the catheter so I didn't have to make a 100 mile journey back to have it removed.

Got told no, the doctor knows best come back in 4 days.

After walking though London and an hour and half train journey home the bandages came loose with in an hour of getting though my front door.

There was no way I was making that journey back, not in the amount of pain I was in.
So I looked up online how to remove the catheter and saved myself a lot of pain and discomfort.

I've had too many times where the doctors doesn't know what the hell he's/she's talking about.

But I'm not a doctor so check with yours first.:-p  

Stabler

Quote from: redbullmaster on September 25, 2016, 11:41:22 AM

From my own experience doctors are not the all knowing gods they like us to believe.

This is true... doctors are not ALL knowing but.... I am hoping that the members of the forum are researching the surgeons they choose extremely well before allowing them to treat them so they know they are getting the best advice.

Stabler67
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

redbullmaster

Unfortunately in the UK you get given the doctor/surgeon by the NHS.
Or you go private, something not all of us can afford to do.    

Stabler

Yes.... I have to remember that but still feel the doctor should be contacted if at all possible for instruction.

Stabler67

kuaka

Two of the most highly paid/regarded "professions" in the Western World get paid to "practice".  Go figure.

That said, have as good of a relationship with your Dr as possible.  Just understand that it is YOU who lives in your body, not them.

oceanfish

An update on my current status
This is my 3rd weeks after the surgery. My stitches around glans are still in situ. I start to masturabate on my 2nd weeks, it could be proceeded although there was a bit discomfort.
The stitched site around the glans is still swollen ( I wounder is it is normal and when will it subside?
I think I have lost 2-3cm length, but the girth is a bit more than before (maybe it is an illusion?)
When my penis is erected, i may feel a little pain in the shaft (plication stitiches), Would it be subsided later? Can anyone tell me so?
Will I regain more length? Thanks.

JohnWright

Oceanfish:

1) Pain cycle of plication stitches in my own experience: Over the course of sixty days, pain went from "Hey, I've just had my dick run over by a train," to "Yeeeeehaw! No pain from plications, not even during intercourse!"

2) Did your surgeon not give you ANY instructions regarding use of your penis during the six WEEKS? You stated you are already masturbating at week two which, DUDE, is 100% unusual and seems to me to be highly risky. Granted, every body is different, but thousands of men have gone ahead of you in surgery providing plenty of observable history from which the medical world can make recommendations. In prep for my own surgery, every surgical recommendation I read was a minimum of six weeks before ANY kind of use. You should know that men who've taken your "use it early and throw caution to the wind" approach frequent this Forum with their tales of regret.

Best to you,

John

oceanfish

[Full quote removed, please read forum rules for quotes or PM me if you have questions]

Can you just tell me more what are the possible effect if i masturbate such early?

oceanfish

??? ???
I am so damn worry for my current condition especially after I have read that the sexual restriction of 6 weeks is including masturbation. As mentioned above, i started masturbate only a week or two after my surgery.
despite of less sensitive ringed-swelling around the incision site, i am able to achieve orgasm and ejaculate.

After I read the recommendation of the member here, i start to worry on my erection.
after the surgery i found it is a bit painful, and it retreats frequently, especially when I was not in mood, or someone just walking around my room...etc.  

I am worry if it is normal.  

Or I should review my condition until 6 weeks post op?

LWillisjr

I think what you are feeling is normal. Take it easy, healing takes time. Wait until you are 6 weeks post op and evaluate.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History