Carnitine arginate or hydrocholride for peyronies?

Previous topic - Next topic

marator

Hi, this study: Acetyl-L-carnitine vs tamoxifen in the oral therapy of Peyronie's disease: a preliminary report. - PubMed - NCBI is about Carnitine. But the abstract doesn't mention which form of carnitine was used. Does anyone know which one is used for peyronies? thank you

Paolo

Acetyl L Carnitine is recommended for Peyronie's, I buy it with Alpha Lipoic Acid included, dosage 3gm  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

marator

it comes in several formes, like arginate and hydrochloride

rich68

The complete article doesn't give any further details (you can download the full pdf from your link). But you just need the one sold as "acetyl-l-carnitine".

I think the hydrochloride form is exactly the same thing (it's a salt). The arginate form just has arginine bonded to acetyl-l-carnitine (hydrochloride) so it becomes acetyl-l-carnitine arginate dihydrochloride.

From what I've read on the internet the arginate form offers no real benefits except extra profit for the manufacturers. I don't think any of the articles talking about peyronies mention the arginate form.