News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Canadian Newbie

Previous topic - Next topic

upupandaway

Age? 42
What did your medical doctor conclude? Peyronies Disease. First urologist was "wait and see", second opinion was "let's treat the hell out of this before it's too late"
How long have you had symptoms? 9 months or so, I believe.
What are your symptoms? Started off with a dent on top when erect, became painful, progressed to 45deg upward bend starting about halfway.
What treatments have you tried and what were the results? Pentox; just received my first of 12 Verapamil injections; starting traction today (2x30min./day)
Do you have insurance or means to get medical treatment? Covered for Pentox and visits, not for traction device, need to submit some paperwork to see if Verapamil ($1600) will be covered.
Where are you in dealing with the psychological aspects of Peyronies Disease? Coping okay. Optimistic about the aggressive treatment.
Are you in a relationship? Married 14 years. Wife extremely supportive, love life still good. Upwards curve has some advantages, apparently. ;)

I'm just glad I got a 2nd opinion. This wasn't going to just subside, and while my urologist thinks my odds are quite good at avoiding surgery, they'd be better if I'd gotten to him sooner. Ultrasound showed calcification of about 2mm. I questioned the traction time, as I've been reading a lot about 6+ hrs/day. They're pretty adamant that that's overkill.

Pfract

Hello fellow mungie! Awesome that you were able to find a 2nd opinion that got you on the right track. Stick around, read lots and keep it up! Information is your best bet, along with a very pro active approach.

Welcome.

upupandaway

Shame on me for not updating, but here goes:
Had my 12 shots of verapamil (one a week), which ended about two months ago. Man, those were not fun...
I'm also on pentox and traction (I should be doing my traction more faithfully)
I have a followup tomorrow, and I can't recall whether there's an ultrasound happening or not - I'll try to update again either way.
I think it's safe to say that the condition has improved. I'm optimistic that it'll continue in the right direction (pun intended).