Ed surgery buried dorsal vein vs ligation

Previous topic - Next topic

lonelyboy

Hi guys, I've got another visit to the urologist on Thursday and I want to take some literature on a technique that I read about (on these boards?) Where the dorsal vein is buried between the fascias, the advantage being that it is only preventing blood flow during erection rather than the usual method of blocking veins permanently, only issue is I can't now find the paper.
I've found a short description from around 2010 but doesn't go into detail can anyone remember the paper?
The one I've recently found is called "ORIGINAL RESEARCH–SURGERY: Treatment of Penile Deep Dorsal Venous Leakage of Erectile Dysfunction by Embedding the Deep Dorsal Vein of the Penis: A Single Center Experience with 17 Patients"
Thanks for any help.

skunkworks

I had never heard of this one before, it is an extremely interesting surgery. Sadly I can't find much info about it. I can't even find a mention of it on that FT forum, which is more about general ED than this place.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

JohnWright

I've never heard of this before. But, one possible link you're looking for is here (it's just a crappy website in layout). However, you have to be a site member: http://www.jsm.jsexmed.org/article/S1743-6095(15)32516-9/fulltext

Possibly there is a little more here :: Asian Journal of Andrology ::

John

lonelyboy

Lovely thanks guys, its the same paper I have thanks John appreciate the source though.
Skunkworks, that first link is for 17 patients which seems to be a better paper to take with me, it also refers to the technique as EDDVP so I'll use that as a search term for more info.
Really appreciated thanks guys.