Catheterization as cause

Previous topic - Next topic

osakadan

At 26 I woke up from surgery to find myself catheterized (apparently normal after an operation in Japan). The same thing happened with a 2nd operation 6 months later. Fats forward a few years and I have had a narrowing of the urethra caused by scar tissue. This could be linked to a bike accident I had at 10. Or maybe to the catheterization.  Over the next 25 years I had emergency catheterizing on average every 4 years. Each time they have caused internal damage to the urethra as they always try with the largest tube first (despite me telling them the size I need). I really think all this trauma has led to my Peyronies Disease. (or maybe the bike accident)???

NeoV

It definitely can be a cause, as well as bike accidents. More realistically however, you have the genetic component and these problems merely triggered the scarring. There are a multitude of genetic components (more than a dozen) which can make Peyronie's more likely.

If like me, your scarring is purely on the bottom side, I highly recommend downward traction while in the flaccid state. I stretched my penis downward for years with my hands, and still do. It almost completely removed my curve and indentation. I hang straight now when flaccid, and don't feel uncomfortable anymore. I got a new dent last year towards the tip on the underside, and now I'm working on removing it as well.

Research traction and check out the traction forum and studies post in the resource library. Get yourself a device or start with your hands. Be careful and don't stretch your penis while erect!