Denial

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy James

I first noticed a curve of about 10 degrees in my erection about four weeks before I decided to go to a doctor, and painful erections a few days before. The doctor said it must have been there longer than that (but he didn't say how long). It looks like I was in denial. How could I have missed it? Is it normal that people go into denial?

NeoV

Don't waste any time beating yourself up over not noticing it earlier.
Being in denial sounds bad, but more realistically you just hoped it wasn't serious or that it would get better. It's society's fault, not yours. You are responsible here on out to treat it the best you can, but forget the rest. This disease is very very misunderstood or unknown.

Cowboy James

I have to say, I can't believe how little most people know about this. The first GP didn't know what I was on about. I had never heard of Peyronies before.

JohnWright

As recently as October 2015, which was the last, LAST, time I will ever visit that GP, I was in for a physical. The GP palpated my dick and balls, which in turn produced enough of an erection for my 50 degree curve to appear. I asked him what his professional opinion was.

GP: That curve is nothing. Perfectly normal. I would venture to say most guys have a curve of some degree.
Me: Really?
GP: Yeah. That's nothing.
Me: Yes, but in my case sex is becoming a very limited activity because of the curve.
GP: Seriously, it's nothing.

Eight months later my journey would take me through another GP and three urologists BEFORE finding someone who both cared and knew what they were talking about.

So, you're not alone.

To brighten your day, here's the story of the first time I ever heard the word Peyronie's, which was in 2013. https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,7670.0.html

John