Manual Stretching

Previous topic - Next topic

hsoj

Anyone on here have any experience (good or bad) with manual stretching? Ive been using heat and then stretching (while flaccid). I havent seen any overnight results, but it seems like it should do something, right?

NeoV

I've been doing it for three years or more and it smoothed out my curve radically, removed the hinge effect, and lengthened my flaccid penis considerably. I feel that it's a very effective treatment due to your ability to manipulate the angles better than with a device. I consider it the best treatment I've ever had, and my symptoms are greatly diminished because of it.

kuaka

As with all physical manipulations, caution is key.  Overdoing it can stimulate additional scarring.

Dared

I really want to try manual stretching but I'm terrified it will cause more scarring. If anyone could describe a safe way I may try.

Tbones

I do manual stretching following heat treatment with hot packs followed by a VED treatment for 20 minutes while the penis is still warm or hot.  You can also do it in a warm bath with baby oil, but I think heat is key to increasing the flexibility and loosening plaque.  I think stretching definitely helps but have had mixed experiences.  When I was younger (25) I had a curvature about 60 degrees to the left due to an injury.  I stretched a few times a week and in a few years it went back to being straight and stayed that way for 20+ years.   Last fall I re-injured it having sex and have had many more complications now that I'm 48.  I'm also smarter and this site has helped educate me tremendously.   So the second time around I started out (before I did my research) with aggressive stretching and I injured myself further creating this ring around the middle of the penis and then I started shrinking and lost 1 inch off the length!  I was also diagnosed with Low T when I went to the Urologist about this.  Low T is somehow not making my recovery as easy as it was when I was 25 combined with ED due to a possible arterial blockage.  However,  after about 9 mths of doing the procedure I described my penis curve is now only 5%.  The ring is still there (less pronounced) and not as easy to get rid of but I'm still working on it.  I found some stretching videos online that demonstrated how to stretch it but I think they have since been removed as they were very very explicit.  The technique is basically stretch left and then right, up then down.  Place one hand on the base of your penis and use the other to slowly & gently pull up stretching it out and then hold it by the tip of the penis for a minute.  Keep doing this for about 30 minutes.  I start out flaccid and often become semi erect which is what they showed in the video, but I'm not sure that matters.  As someone said, BE CAREFUL, go slowly, and it should not hurt.  If it hurts stop.  I also use Castor Oil which someone recommended in another forum and that stuff is a great lube that I highly recommend. You can find it on Amazon. Without a lube the stretching routine can pull your skin and is uncomfortable for me. I consider this stretching routine physical therapy for my dick.  Hope this helps some :)

pghero

Manual stretching is effective, I highly recommend it.

wakenbake69

I manually stretch every time i take a piss, and when I shower. So I usually get about 3-4 stretches in per day. I have seen a bug reduction in flaccid curve.

NeoV

Great to hear it's helping other people as well. As you say Wakenbake, stretching merely every time you go to the bathroom or take a shower can be enough to really straighten you out and help. Now days I only stretch at those times and when I watch a movie. I do watch a lot of movies however, haha.

skunkworks

How do you gauge how hard to pull?  
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

Gutted

.... and are you doing 3 sets of the same stretch (same angle) and holding for 30 seconds each ??

So you 'stretch' at different angles, like against the bend e.g. so down and back for an upward curve, each stretch held for 30 seconds and repeated 3x and then moving on to the next angled stretch ?? .... if you know what I mean...

BATchap

So, I suppose I started stretching my penis when semi-erect to almost full erection by bending the glans and head down because I have an upward curve. I don't know if there is any correlation with increased boner activity and constant sexual thoughts with a sort of a larger shaft and less blood flow to the head it seems. I don't really know what's happening here. I can't seem to get completely erect. Maybe a Doppler ultrasound is needed.

Paolo

BATchap, I do stretches in the bath then moisturise with emu oil or baby oil afterwards, seems to keep my condition stable as stretching moves blood in and out, the heat of the water I think minimises injury risk  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Lucketts

Paolo,

Just out of curiosity, do you use emu or baby oil because you think it helps the process or to sooth the skin after stretching?  I find that after manual or traction stretching, my penis can get a bit raw and painful, as if there was an abrasion or infection.  But it would seem to make sense to oil it afterwards each time.  Just wondering if that was your purpose.

Lucketts

Paolo

Lucketts, that's exactly right, the purpose of the oil is to smooth out skin after bathing as combined with stretching the skin can be somewhat red and angry looking, although it doesn't hurt as I am extra careful.

If I have a bath during the evening I will leave oil on overnight also upon wakening my penis looks fuller because of the stretching and hangs nicely  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

mikes

Please do not do this. Stretching is what actually brought peyronie's to me. I developed a scar from stretching that shortened my organ on the left side by 5 mm. So now it points at 5 to instead of 12 as it used to. After 6 years, and a quite lively masturbation I managed to annoy that scar again and I might notice even more shrinkage in the area.

fairfaxology

^^^ haha. there is so many different opinons! Just been diagnosed. I am wondering re stretching are you doing this primarily to try and treat the plaques (which cause the bend?), or to just work the muscle so the bend is lessened. I have no bend yet, but several calcifications running along the top of my shaft. 3 new ones today (wahey!). I am wondering if I should start stretching now, or are most folks that are stretching doing so because of bendage?

Also, it just amazes me they would take videos down. It's medical ffs. you can literally watch anything online at the click of a button. completely absurd. It's very difficult to understand fully what technique people mean through typed text and for such a high risk enteprise it is quite frankly insane that there are not videos to download/watch that help. I mean, I would pay for them in an instant.

Thanks (a huge amount) in advance for any thoughts.  

LWillisjr

There is no 'muscle' in your penis. Your Tunica is a tissue the stretches and gives your erection its size and shape. Plaque or scarring on the Tunica keeps that area from stretching and this results in a curve. The idea is to stretch (gently) or massage this scarred area to soften it an allow it to stretch more again.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

pghero

LWillis is right on the money.

Once you understand that, it becomes pretty easy to understand.

frank_a_c

Is there a post somewhere that lists a good protocol that works for someone. Questions I've always wondered is if manual stretching should be done simple by pulling directly from the glans, or if some sort of fulcrum or way to bend the thing in the opposite direction of the curve is possible. I assume it's the latter. But not sure if thats what has given people results.

Paolo

frank_a_c, I have seen a slight improvement of curve by stretching in the bath by using thumb and index finger to form a circle around the glans (Okay, if you will) and gently pulling forward, afterwards I use emu oil to condition the skin, it's by no means a fix though, but 'better'.  :) Once out the bath shake your penis 'loose', so to speak, with controlled breathing, it has somewhat helped 'recover' a bit of lost length, my curve is relatively low.

I would recommend you check your penis every morning, that way you will notice the 'slightest' of changes, for better, or worse  :)

skunkworks

@NeoV and/or others who have had success with this, how do you gauge the force with which you manually stretch?
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

NeoV

I have always stretched my flaccid penis very gently towards my feet and at other low angles. I use an overhand OK sign grip with my thumb and index finger, as well as underhand version of the grip. I have no way to tell how hard I'm pulling but I assure you it's very gentle and uses very little tension. I anything, just pulling the tissue slightly allows the blood to travel through damaged areas more easily and allows my penis to hang more naturally during the day.

I have greatly reduced my curve doing this and am currently doing it again in order to remove a newish bend toward the tip of my penis which is more challenging. Even so, it's already smoother than before and manual traction is indeed working. I keep kicking myself for not posting a sticky on this, but I firmly believe that it depends on the case and location of the scar. Mine is all on the underside of my penis, if that clarifies anything.

livinghell

I just started manual stretching as well. I've switched to taking a hot bath instead of a shower and stretch it while trying to keep my penis underwater. My plaque is pretty severe so my method right now is kind of trying to stretch it out like what you do with a water balloon to get it to wrap around the spout.

Paolo

Hi livinghell, I use after bathing 'light' fulcrum stretches, they seem to help, particularly flaccid hang, They need to be done completely flaccid to prevent/minimize further trauma  :)

livinghell

Hmm very interesting. Thanks for the heads up Paolo. Currently searching around the house for something to use as a fulcrum :)

Christopher1

Forgive my ignorance - but what is the "hinge effect"?
Snake Diet + 5-day fasts + pentox + NeoV's stretching routine + Mito Red Light. Curvature 99% gone.

I also used Todd Capistrant's "Fascial Distortion Model" to help my curvature. Start slowly.

Paolo

livinghell, I use a 2" diameter glass bottle filled with hot water for keeping my penis warm, note the term hot water, but not too hot. If you have time you can get a nice stretch standing in the shower.
If you are doing fulcrum stretches sitting use a 'little' base oil to avoid pinching penis skin, a tiny amount goes a long way. I also use a piece of toilet tissue below the glans to avoid slippage  :)

Please, please be careful, do these at your own risk noting again that 'total' relaxation is necessary to minimize risks. I then condition the skin afterwards (before bed) with either castor oil or emu oil  :)

Brad

Hello, Newbie here. I recently discovered I have Peyronies Disease. I had a traumatic injury about 4 weeks ago. My 70 pound dog stepped directly on my penis while I was laying down. I didn't think of it much at the time. I recently woke up with half wood and saw a deformation in my penis. I looked it up online and found I have all the clinical symptoms of Peyronies Disease. I went to my Dr. and he confirmed my online diagnosis. I now am waiting to go see a urologist. So my question is should I start doing manipulation stretching now as my appointment is 8 weeks away. I got some castor oil and did an easy stretch this morning. I also used the Sonic toothbrush on the area as suggested  by another forum member who said that it worked. Now I am concerned I may cause more damage? I do know from my experience as a fitness instructor that massaging scar tissues breaks down scarring tissue, increases blood flow and promotes healing so to me the massaging makes complete sense. Maybe just without the toothbrush. Also how much should I actually do the massage. There seems to be a few ideas on the number of times? Thanks, Really confused at the moment... :-[

Paolo

Brad, I would use some heat (warm towel, water bottle etc) and do some gentle SO (straight out) stretches along with the castor oil afterwards until your appointment, I wouldn't bother at this time with the toothbrush. Try and remain totally flaccid (controlled breathing helps this). Gently grip your penis using thumb and index finger (OK) just below the glans (retract foreskin) and whilst flaccid extend your penis 5-10 times, this should be totally painless if you are doing it right.

You will need privacy to be in a state of total relaxation in order to do stretches, I find sitting down on a sofa the best, although supine (prone) would work, whatever you feel comfortable doing.

I take it you don't have any significant penis pain, if you do be extremely careful to not aggravate it more and good luck with your consultation.

goodluck

I would add that just like using the VED you need to be on supportive supplements Like Ubiquinol and AL Car.  If you can get a Pentox script it seems like the majority of experts would agree on using it.

I have been doing it in the morning when I have time and stretch against the bend.  I use  the fingers on my free hand as a fulcrum.  I cant yet say if it is helping but I am not getting worse.  Every now and then I get pain and I have to take a week off.  I have been using Absorbine Jr and Blue Emu for the pain topically on an as needed basis.  I also take oral curcurmin as an anti inflammation as well on an as needed basis.

I am glad to hear some are confidant it helps.