Got bent in first year of puberty. underwear? peyronies? congenital?

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi, I'm new! almost 25yrs old.

It's a long story in itself so I won't go into it, but right before puberty began (not a single pube!) I was circumcised. I don't remember getting any erections during the initial recovery. Before the surgery, I did get very occasional erections. My dick was small obviously, but I remember it was completely straight. After the surgery, I had intense pain and sensitivity when any material brushed up on the glans. The only way to get relief and sleep at night was to switch to wearing semi-tight underwear 24/7.
I wore underpants exclusively for 1.5 years, after that it was a mixture between boxers and underpants.
During that 1.5 years, my dick grew quite rapidly, basically up to adult size I think. It also brought some of the scrotum up with it and I remember the skin felt very tight so maybe that was a factor too. Due to timestamps in my memory, I know I was at least 15cm by the 2.5 year mark, and had the bend then too.

That same bend and size, is at least roughly where I am now, so stable for 12 years. The bend coooould have progressed, no more than 8 degrees, but maybe not at all.

I can remember points during those 1.5 years when my erect penis would be bending upwards from tenting in my underwear.
I also remember that when it was only semi-erect (and on progression to full erection), it had the tendency to 'buckle' in the exact place it bends when up against my underwear. (It still can easily buckle today when semi-erect too, but not really when fully erect.) Eventually it felt like there was tension of some sort in my penis, and when it would buckle and make a slight clunk it would seem to release some of that tension kind of like cracking your fingers, rarely I encouraged it to do this by placing my hand on my crotch slightly to give it the tiniest amount of force to cause it to buckle for a second. I never had any pain, I never had any bruising. It wasn't something I did manually often, it mostly happened by itself during the day and during sleep.

The bend I have is not more than 30° up. It may even be less than 20°. But if I had to guess then I would put it at 25°. It's hard to take an accurate measurement as it's difficult to stay 100% fully hard when taking a picture. The bend increases with erection hardness. The bend is subtle-ish but has one direct point where it decides to bend upwards, it isn't a gradual bend. It seems to bend at only the one crease that can buckle. There is no indication of anything weird when I am soft, nothing weird can be felt. When I am erect and lightly rub on the area, I do not feel any lumps, but I thiiiink I can feel a very very slight not obvious 'grittier' texture compared to elsewhere. Other areas can feel a bit gritty too (areas with no issue at all), but just not quite as noisy as that particular area.

I am a bit self conscious of the bend, but my fears are the future. Whether this is fibrosis or not, the ability to buckle worries me. I know erections can get less powerful as you get older, so I worry it may buckle during sex then and trigger a full case of peyronies.
Is there such thing as congenital curvature from puberty?
Is it possible maybe the underwear just dictated the way my penis grew, without fibrosis as a cause?

I am currently seeing an andrologist, I'll be talking more about this to him in the near future, and perhaps have an ultrasound to confirm. Am I correct that it would be quite unwise for me to consider any surgical options for this in its current quite usable state?
Would traction devices be a good option to start with to have a good chance to correct this bend and maybe dissolve the tiny amount of plaque, if that is what it is? I'm hoping maybe if the bend was corrected, it wouldn't want to buckle anymore, which would improve my chances in the future.

That was long sorry :P . Hope I can get some advice/ideas!

QuackAttack

Here is something you can get to measure your curvature. You will know for sure what your curvature is with this. As for the boxers/briefs, that may or may not have had anything to do with it. Shocking that somebody would circumcise a person at 11/12 years old. I would ask your andrologist to do a high resolution ultrasound to see what is going on. This will tell you for sure if you have plaque or if this is a congenital condition.

http://urosciences.com/blog/peyronies-disease-assessment-device-p-d-a-d/

LWillisjr

Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Thanks for those replies guys.

Well I had an erection test while having another surgery, no ultrasound handy, but the doctor said he doesn't recommend any surgery regardless of what the ultrasound finds. He said he thinks it was around 20 degree deviation, but he took photos to discuss with me later.

I'm seeing him in a few days. I asked if he could discuss traction and non-surgical stuff with me and he said he would. But he asked the nurses at the time what they thought of my dick (oh thanks doc lol) and they all agreed that it's nothing that looks weird to them. I kinda agree, but like I mentioned, I'm worried about how it likes to buckle when not fully erect, and what it could mean for the future. He said another erection test with an ultrasound may be coming up.