Accounts of improvement section

Previous topic - Next topic

cardawg

Its pretty scary and depressing when i notice that the "accounts of improvement" section on this site hasnt had any new posts since march. Am i missing something or do the people who improve just move on and never look back?
first symptom (hour glassing) 2011
first big symptom & Diagnosis Oct 2015 (Big bend)
Attempted every home remedy- supps DMSO TRACTION VED
Xiaflex shots in 2019 (no improvement)
Implant AMS CX 700 ms in July 2021
18 cm implant with 3 1cm RTE's = 21 CM

Jimbruski

Cardawg,  

Actually this site does see a good number of success stories but you must remember:

1). Peyronies is not a disease that has a "cure".  Short of surgery there are no certain methods of curing the disease.  Even with surgery there are sizable risks involved.  That said, the brave folks on this forum who have the desire to share their stories and contribute what has or has not helped their respective Peyronies should be complimented.  Success stories are a big thing to us.

2). Peyronies strikes a very small percentage of our population.  Thus, the medical community (Urologists and Primary Care Physicans) are largely untrained in dealing with the disease.  This site allows the members to share their progress, be it positive or negative, thereby learning from each others experiences.

3). Not everyone posts their successes and/or failures; and that is their prerogative and right.

We're doing the best we can and will undoubtedly continue to do so.  My thanks to those who started this forum along with all the moderators and long time contributors for keeping this site alive.  

cardawg

I get what you're saying and I'm very grateful to the people that started this forum as well as the people posting on here as well. I understand that there is no cure also. I guess my point is that i was hoping that there would be more posts in the "accounts of improvement" section to give some hope to the people like myself that have just discovered this disease and are filled with fear. I'd imagine that there are many accounts of improvement that never get posted because the people that are fortunate enough to improve to a point where they no longer need to return here to look for any more answers dont return just post there fortune.
first symptom (hour glassing) 2011
first big symptom & Diagnosis Oct 2015 (Big bend)
Attempted every home remedy- supps DMSO TRACTION VED
Xiaflex shots in 2019 (no improvement)
Implant AMS CX 700 ms in July 2021
18 cm implant with 3 1cm RTE's = 21 CM

Jimbruski

Cardawg,  

I see what you're saying and yes it would be nice if there were more "accounts of improvement" but that's the nature and frustrating thing about this disease.  Surgery is the best choice right now however surgery is just not an option to many members because of cost, location to competent surgeons, and fear of the possible outcomes from surgeries (loss of size, ED).

Also many success stories are not necessarily listed under "accounts of improvement".  Many are hidden in other areas so the forum.  "Fefueg" has a nice series of posts under Congenital Curvature.  He basically walks you through day by day post surgery and a great success story.

This site gives hope to those who can't go the surgery route with discussions about all of the other options available that have worked.  Additionally, any new discoveries for cures foe this disease are brought to the attention of members immediately.

So, there are success stories but probably more stories of hope for the future.

Regards,

Jimbruski