Ok I'm confused...

Previous topic - Next topic

Freemason

So I've been contemplating going over seas to have this Egydio procedure done...then I talk with Levine and he says that he woild do a PEG technique which is basically partial excision of plaque and graft on short side..Egydio? Partial excision plaque(I believe and graft on short side.  Levine did say that he doesn't think Egydio is doing much of his technique that much lately more so the MOsT technique or modified sliding technique..Other question I have is on the MOST sliding technique with Kuehhas...it shows that they insert a prosthesis inside after they've lengthened the penis..is it a inflatable one or something that they can put in to just maintain the length gain without inflating? I don't need a implant as I don't have ED...but if they can lengthen and put one in that doesn't require inflating can I do that?

I guess for my first question...what's the point in going over seas if I'm having surgery on the short side and not a Nesbit or anything of that sort?

Jimbruski

Ok, I'm confused also.  So you are saying that the PEG and Egydio procedures are the same?

Jimbruski

Freemason

Guess I'm not sure Jim..Levine did mention when speaking with him that Egydio uses geometric principles but we got interrupted and I couldn't understand what he was saying...guess I should call him again..What we've been talking about on here with Egydio is that they work on the short side of the Penis...and don't touch the long side...therefore minimizing shortening...well a Peg procedure does same.  They just partially excise plaque and graft (PEG).

redbullmaster

Freemason

Red bull..yea I know but thks anyway...I've had a phone consult with Egydio office in London...I'm wondering what the diff is between Egydio and PEG procedure here in the US?

redbullmaster

Sorry just reread your first post, I can tell you the rods are called Malleable Rods and are for ed. Once in, you move your Penis to the upright position for sex. They keep your Penis in a permanent erect state. Or they could fit a three piece system which you pump up when needed. So not for you if you don't have ed issues.

As if coming over to the uk/Vienna it dependent on who you want to operate on your Penis.  Lots of men on this board recommend Dr Kuehhas, but I don't know dr Levine reputation.

The peg procedure I think is just as you wrote, but most surgeon's only do it on a severe curve.  Over in the UK it's called a lue procedure and carries a higher risk of Ed issues.

Freemason

Yea the Lue procedure isn't really same as PEG I don't think..Lue is 16 dot plication and complete removal of plaque with graft and..Nesbit is basically shortening long side(Archaic)...PEG is partial excision and graft...Egydio uses graft too..so it would be great for some expert to explain the difference.

Freemason

Ok so I read Egydio 2011 study where he describes his technique..apparently the primary difference is 2 fold...1- a double Y incision is made to release the tunics and straighten out any deformity (others use a H incision) and 2- no excision of the scar or plaque is done..basically a geometrical incision to straighten and then grafting over that incision..his theory and study is that removing partially the plaque can increase risk of ED..as I'm seeing in Egydio study there were no reported ED post op...Levine study on the PEG had 30% with post op ED. Interesting.

Jimbruski

Thanks for the additional update Freemason.  30% post op ED is just to high for me to risk.  Well, at least I'm getting a clear picture of these techniques before I talk to Dr. Lue in July.  Sounds like I better study the Lue procedure before seeing him.

I can't afford a trip to England so my options aren't looking to good.  

Jimbruski

Freemason

Lue procedure is same as Nesbit basically..shortening the long side with a 16 dot plication.

Freemason

That may not be what Dr Lue does but that's what the Lue technique is...

Freemason

Ok so I've read 2 large studies done with Egydio technique..one had no post ED the other was a larger study with 330 Peyronies Disease patients and there was a 30% ED issue post OP...I looked deeper into the study and found that 50 of the 330 patients they had to do traditional plaque excision and then grafting over the plaque...the more traditional(if there is one) Peyronies Disease patient with no calcification and just normal curve 30-60 degrees..
they peformed the Egydio technique and no plaque excision and hence almost no reported ED...sounds like what they do with Egydio technique is use specific geometric measurements to make small Y incision in plaque to release the curve and make it straight then graft over those small incisions...whereas a standard PEG or TAP that Levine would do for me would partially remove plaque and graft over it.

I did send an email to Egydio asking for clarification so we will see if he gets back to me.

Well hope this helps in some way..

Jimbruski

Thanks for your hard work Freemason.  If what you have described is accurate then what is your gut feeling telling you,  Egydio or PEG?

Freemason

My gut feeling is I'm prob going to be visiting Brazil for the first time...I guess my thought is although it would be great to have a totally straight Penis...I can live with a 10-20 degree curve..no biggie. That alone would give me prob almost an inch back.  Egydio seems to be the type that would do the least amount possible to fix the problem..nothing at all against other Drs here as there are some great ones but I know surgeons and what I know is most are set in their ways and don't deviate from it..Egydio seems to be a Dr who is always looking for less invasive ways to straighten us out.  I've got no ED problems right now...I don't want to have surgery..lose any more length and possibly add some ED onto it just for being straight.  What do u think Jim?

Jimbruski

I'm really limited to techniques in the States.  Just can't afford to travel outside of the US.  With that in mind and the percentage of ED cases being so high in the states, as well as losing some size.......I think I'm just going to wait a bit and see if anything new comes along.

I do believe your assessment of doctors and their unwillingness to accept new techniques.

Jim

Jonbinspain

Any technique that involves excision instead of incision will always carry a higher risk of post operative ED.