2nd shot on thrus. Swelling on fri. Should I model?

Previous topic - Next topic

egghead

So I got my first shot on wed. Little bruising. Dr modeled on thurs and gave me a  2nd shot. I did 30sec pull on friday am. Entire unit was bruising and sweling by fri afternoon with hematoma and some external bleeding/blistering. Did some bed rest on Fri afternoon. It's sat am. Hematoma calmed down.. should I model today?? I don't want to miss the window!

egghead

Welp, I did the prescribed stretches. Even though I had hematoma, swelling, and open blistering. Fun.

I'm thinking it was the right thing to do.

I hope they reduce the dosage and require ultrasounds in the future. This hit or miss approach seems a bit risky..

lukewill

Hi am I right in thinking that the uros do not use an ultra sound to pre detect where the plaque is to identify where to inject? That's seems crazy????

Gutted

Luke

Quite often an Ultrasound is done as part of a proper diagnosis of Peyronies Disease, so if Plaques are there, the location(s) will usually be apparent anyway.

Although, I have heard that some Urologists are of the opinion that Ultrasound guided injections are the best approach. Other Urologists believe only palpation is necessary to effectively administer injection therapies.

I posted this in another thread but given your enquiries about Xiaflex / Xiapex you may well find it informative :

Injection therapy for Peyronie's disease: pearls of wisdom - Brant - Translational Andrology and Urology