Finished second round (results update), about to start third.

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie44

I finished my second round in late January. The doctor gives the second shot the day after the first. I have been through VI shots and this, and the second shot was the most pain I ever felt. My penis was tender due to the first shot...sometimes I think he should wait till the sensitivity goes away. Anyway, not seen a whole lot of improvement....maybe 5%. It's almost to the point of where I am getting apathetic about continuing or not. I can have sex, I am just trying to improve the best I can, but I am getting tired of being stuck with needles after going through six rounds of Verapamil. But I might as well finish the process. My doc does four rounds of Xiaflex, not 3.

ewra

Thinking that the impermanent is permanent will always result in suffering experienced as loss.

charlie44

Had my third round a couple weeks ago. Went a lot better pain wise this time. Hard to tell if there is any improvement, but my curvature/hourglassing was not that bad to start with. I am guessing 5 degree improvement on a 15+ degree bend.  

Adeakins

Hello- I just finished my 2nd round of injections 2 weeks ago. I have seen little to no improvement to date.  Doing the modeling as instructed. Still at about 30 degree angle to the right.  Question is did you see any results after the full 2 rounds including the 6 weeks of modeling?  

Losing a bit of faith at this point😔

gringoviajero

Don't be discouraged yet.  Some guys go all 4 cycles before seeing improvement.  Be diligent on the modeling, but ask questions.  The protocol was meant to get FDA approval a.s.a.p., not designed to provide the best possible patient outcome.  Ask your doctor if he/she could suggest more aggressive modeling than the protocol, although the doctor may be hesitant to say so.  The drug is powerful and effective, albeit dangerous (don't I know?), but doctors are forced to operate under strict guidelines for FDA approval.