new member question

Previous topic - Next topic

ted707

I am 72 had surgery for severe plaque and extreme curvature a year ago last October.  Elected to have an implant at same time as having plaque removed. Results more than met my expectations as curvature is completely gone and can generate an erection at will with device. Can still get a partial erection without device but not nearly sufficient enough to have intercourse.  Because of severity of needed surgery( lasted 8 hours and took 3 surgeons) took a little longer than a year for nerves to heal in the glans area, still only about 60 percent of original sensitivity has returned to glans.  Basically takes much longer to achieve a climax because of what is probably permanent loss of sensitivity. My question for members is my remaining impediment deals with issues of penetration because my glans is too soft.  An implant only deals with making the shaft firm. My surgeon has recommended muse therapy to deal with this problem. My wife is opposed to this because muse can cause a burning sensation in the vagina. I cannot use a rubber because with one I cannot feel much of anything.  Do any of of you have experience with muse or can offer an alternative solution? We have come up with a position that makes penetration easier to achieve but would like to do better.

1seeker

Ted707,  I just found your post,now a year old. My question is this.I thought they removed the erectile tissue when implanting these device?  I'm 71+ yrs. I was considering the Implant route'  in case all that I'm doing now fails. What did they say caused the loss feeling in your glans?     ..........1seeker

JohnWright

To understand what happens during an implant check out this current library of content from Dr Andrew Kramer, University of Maryland, Baltimore. It will be perfectly clear.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdkQplDRDJF-vudzD1g9JGQ/videos

Ted -- For clarity, can you describe when the soft glans began? Was this pre- or post-surgery?

Glans sensitivity: When you say it takes longer for you to climax, how much longer?

Length of surgery: Most implants are done in less than an hour. What complications were present? You said your surgery lasted over 8 hours...

TonySa

Would this indicate the cylinders were not placed high enough into the glans?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.