Having surgery this week, STAGE with Dr Kuehhas

Previous topic - Next topic

fefgeug

Hi Dieter,
Do not get a nesbitt. You will have pain, length loss and loss of sensation and erectile dysfunction.
The nesbitt procedure basically takes chunks out of the longer side, leaving you with length loss and scarring and nerve and vein damage.
The stage technique is different in that it only shortens the outer layer of the penis. Imagine both sides of the penis have erectile musle called the corpus Cavernosum. Surrounding this is a layer called the tunica albuginea. The stage technique takes small sections out of the tunica albuginea and stitches the gap closed. This then holds the corpus cavernosum straight. Because the corpus cavernosum is not cut there is minimal loss of length , no scarring. Also, the nerve and vascular bundle is moved aside before the incisions are made, so there is no loss of length or ED.
It is beyond me why doctors still recommend nesbitt.
Also, you will have no issues with Dr Kuehhas, he is a genius and is very caring and understanding.

Jonbinspain

Dieter;

Franklin Kuehhas did my surgery too. I had The Egydio technique for The near 90 degree curvature that resulted from Peyronie's disease.

Dr Kuehhas is Austrian. You can see him in either Vienna or London. He's not cheap, but you have only one penis, so if you have decided on surgery you can't do any better, IMO.  

redbullmaster

People need to be careful talking about how you lose less or no size with the Stage, than the Nesbit.

That's not true, both surgery's cut the longer side so that it matches the shorter side.

The Stage is suppose to has less compactions than the Nesbit, that's it.

Unless you have a surgery which adds a graph to the shorter side. (which the Egydio does I believe)
Think you need to have a peyronies with an extreme cure, for this surgery.
Don't think this surgery is for congenital curvature?

If you have the Nesbit or Stage surgery, measure the shorter side of your penis, after your surgery that's the size your going to end up with.

Jonbinspain

The main difference is that The Egydio technique does not involve cutting the 'long side' relaxing incisions are made in the 'short side'  Sometimes, if the condition of the plaque requires it, a partial excision and graft is also used.  

fefgeug

The length loss with STAGE is very minimal, with nesbitt it is quite large.
Please do your research on both procedures. This and other forums are awash with horror stories from the nesbitt procedure, from ED, numb glans, pain etc.
I have not yet come across a failed STAGE case.
The final length after stage will equal the length of the penis if you physically straightened it when erect (something that you should not do due to risk of injury). But if you imagine bending it straight, this will be the final length. Some recovery of length is achieved with traction. Also, note that in congenital curve, the usable length is only the length of the short side. The longer side is abnormal which causes the bend. Stage simply corrects this abnormality.
The reason the EGYDIO technique for peyronies lenghtens the short side is because the short side in this case has the abnormality.

And can people PLEASE stop recommending the nesbitt, especially if you haven't had it done. It is a neanderthalic procedure with a high rate of complications. Show me one case of major problems with stage anyone?

redbullmaster

No the length loss is the same with both operations.
Not sure where you think this magic length comes form with the Stage operation.

Its science if you shorten the long side, the penis will only be as long as what's left behind.  

You can use traction with the Nesbit as well.  

If you want to say the Stage is a safer operation the the Nesbit, due to less risks that's fine I think.

But bear in mind the Stage is a newer operation, so it may be a bit premature to say it's so much better than the Nesbit.

As I imagine there's tens of thousands more people who have had the Nesbit operation, than the Stage.
So there's Less of a pool to pull long term results from.

Also there's not many surgeons doing the Stage and your paying a lot of money for there services.

I think a lot comes down to the surgeon who's doing the operation,
So if Dr Kuehhas did the Nesbit operation, your have a good result.

Would you have a noticeable better result if you had the Stage with him?
Probably not.

For the record I've had both, the Nesbit done on the NHS and the Stage with Dr Kuehhas private.  

Needed the second operation because the curve came back with the Nesbit.
Due to the advice on here I went to Dr kuehhas for the second operation.

I still have a slight curve after the Stage.

K.Bouter

According to this article:

The STAGE Technique (Superficial Tunica Albuginea Geometric-Based Excision) for the Correction of Biplanar Congenital Penile Curvature - Kuehhas - 2013 - The Journal of Sexual Medicine - Wiley Online Library

The mean loss of penile length in the STAGE surgery is 0.7cm (range 0.3cm-0.9cm), this seems like a much significant length loss than the Nesbit surgery. If this is because of the surgant or the better technique, we will of course not know. For myself, I won't know how much length I lost. The surgeon took a picture during the surgery and it seems no length was lost at all. Now I have completely straight erections that are heavily retracted. I can only tell my final result later :)

I advice all people to go talk to a surgeon that does Nesbit and one that does STAGE (Dr. Franklin) and choose the method they prefer themself (another option is not do a surgery at all if you aren't convinced). To me, STAGE is a far superior technique because of the reasons fefgeug mentioned.

redbullmaster

Your penis bends because one side is shorter than the other.
To get it straight, the long side is shortened to match the short side.

If you have the Nesbit or the Stage surgery and the end result is a straight penis.
You will have lost the same amount of size regardless of which surgery you had done.

Try straighten a bent banana, you only going to get it as long as the short side.

For the Nesbit to loss more length means the surgeon made the shorter side shorter.  

The reason I'm trying to make this clear is the psychological loss of penis size to a man, can have a huge impact on him.
Men who have the Stage surgery need to know there penis will be shorter than before Peyronies kicked in.
If you have Congenital, Your penis length will be the the short side.

I'm not arguing the stage isn't a safer surgery, but I do think its a surgery in its infancy .
Once other surgeons start to offer it, you may not get the same results that you get with Dr Kuehhas.

But please stop trying to sell it on you wont loss more length with this surgery.

That's just fantasy and wishful thinking, I don't care how good a surgeon Dr Kuehhas is, he cant make a penis grow out of thin air.

DanP

Redbullmaster I agree with you. I think it is important to have good surgeon. It's very important. Dr Kuehhas is very good expert in this field. If somebody else does stage results might not be good... Because of skill of doctor for example. I think this is because Nesbit fails so often... Because nobody specialize in curvature treatment.

I had stage with dr Kuehhas and I must say I am very happy with result.
I can recommend him strong.
I think you should go and visit him dieter. Munich is not far from Vienna. I had surgery in Vienna.
And you should not worry about aftercare he will support you. This was my impression. What is the impression of other members of forum?

Redbullmaster are you not happy with result of aurgery? Why don't you go back and ask for evaluation? I was always in touch with dr Kuehhas for follow up. ...

I think everybody need to see different surgeon before decision is made. I felt good with my decision and it proofed to be right. At the end we only have one penis and we should take care of it!
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

Dieter

hi guys! first of all thanks for your replies. after reading your posts i was thinking a lot about what am i going to do next ... and actually i took the decision to contact dr. kuehhas... first of all i think it would be good to have a face to face conversation with dr kuehhas and actually he is an expert in his field... and this was an important factor for my decision.....  i think experts have more experience and knowledge about their field area than doctors who have no field of expertise.... i also want to take the chance to talk with dr kuehhas in a personal conversation about all my doubts, fears, problems, etc... and last but now least: munich is not too far away from vienna ...... hope to get an appointment soon..... and hopefully he can answer all my questions and help me...  i will keep you informed guys!  

fefgeug

Day 42 update:

My erections are coming good and strong now. They still dont come as easy as before, but every day is better. Yesterday I managed a gentle masturbation. There was no pain except when I orgasmed there was a slight pain when I held my pc muscles and the erection became super strong. But what an orgasm, I nearly passed out.
I am having no pain at all when moving the penis, using traction or during erections, except as I said during orgasm. A little over a week ago my erections were slightly painful so things are improving day by day, I reckon this time next week I will be able to have an orgasm with no pain.

I am having no issues at all, the stitches are all well healed, my glans is nice and soft and full sensation. I do notice a very slight curve during erections, but Dr Kuehhas has said this is normal at this stage. Anyway after being 80 to 90 degrees curved, to go to less than 5 degree is fine with me.

I am continuing traction, around 2 hours per day. I have gained 0.5 cm in the last 2 weeks, I am now only 1 cm shorter than before.

I am looking forward to intercourse very soon.  

notmeplease

Hi fefgeug,

I'm wondering if finally your banana is totally straight after the surgery with Dr. Kuehhas. I'm thinking about performing this surgery...
Another question: it is easy to pee during the whole process? How many days off do we need after performing this surgery?

Thank you!

fefgeug

Hi, all straight and going well. I was able to masturbate after 5 weeks, quite painful during orgasm. Agter 6 weeks i had gentle sex, it was ok but slightly uncomfortable. Now after 9 weeks I can have sex with no issues.

You need around 1 week off if your job is not too physical. It is easy to pee, but being uncircumcised my glans got a bit irritated and sometimes the urine came out at an angle. I used a loose dressing around the glans to prevent it getting sore, this had to be removed to urinate.

If you follow the directions given by Dr Kuehhas and the additional advice on this thread and others you will have no problem. Looking back it seems like a lot of effort, but at the time I was so focused on correcting my problem that I was so dedicated to doing everything right.  

Dieter

sorry for not writing earlier but i was kind of busy... i just want to tell you that i had an appointment with dr kuehhas. i was kind of nervous and thinking a lot if this was the right decision but guys you know what.... it was the best decision i took concerning my illness. he really is a very kind doctor with an incredible patience. he was answering all my questions without getting unfriendly. he also told me about the difference between stage and nesbit and that for me STAGE would be the best option. think he is an expert on his field!  i made also an appointment for an operation with the stage method... keep your fingers crossed! i´ll keep you up to date.

agony

I wonder why you guys are not talking with corporal rotation ..it is also a good method without a loss of length and ED
i had a 45 degree curvature and contacted Dr Osama Shaeer who devised this method and hopefully will meet him coming april..
PLease advice me if I am taking  a wrong turn
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace your signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

fefgeug

Hi, sorry for the lack of updates.
Anyway, it's been almost a year since my surgery. Everything has healed perfectly. All stitches are fully dissolved. My sex life is great and I have no issues whatsoever. I have actually forgetten what it was like to have a curved penis.
When fully erect my penis is perfectly straight. On a semi-erection, it still tends to hang left slightly. There is no pain whatsoever.
Regarding penis length, I am the same length as before. I know people find this hard to believe. It is true that my penis was shortened on the longer side, but shortening the longer side has simply evened it up. In other words, although one side of my penis was longer, in effect it is the same usable length as it was bent. It's hard to describe. Imagine a penis that sticks out 7 inches dead straight. Now imagine an 7.5inch penis that moves out to the right and curves back to the left. The distance from pubic bone to tip in a straight line is still 7 inches in both cases.
I am eternally grateful to Dr Kuehhas for all he has done, and would highly recommend him to anyone.