Heat Packs

Previous topic - Next topic

Gutted

Yes Skunk. I find the Hothands don't get hot enough to put a layer in between but I do find the microwave reusable heatpacks (rice/wheat) get very hot and do need a cover. Problem is the reusable packs cool down pretty quickly anyway  

Tbones

I have used the hot hands several times now and really like these.  I apply one pack directly to the skin with the toilet tissue roll as a holder and bend my penis against the side with plaque so it sort of stretches it while heating.  To clarify I have on jockey underwear which helps by holding the toilet roll in place as I rest lying down.  I used the heat for about and hour followed by the VED device for around 20 minutes.  I would consider this something akin to physical therapy for your Peyronies, not a quick fix.  One result I was not expecting is after the first application of heat the dull pain at the base of penis where I think I have a broken vein that I had been experiencing for a month now,  totally went away.  This may be a coincidence, but I'm very happy to report the dull pain hasn't been back in several days.  I'm also taking Vitiamin E and D daily and trying to eat right.  I'm hoping for continued success with this treatment plan!

wakenbake69

Quote from: Tbones on May 16, 2016, 03:35:39 PM
Comments about pain reduction

That's good news Tbones, I can confirm that the heat packs help a lot with pain. I never get pain anymore and I think its because of the heat packs.  

Bcoolaboutit

What VED does everyone use? Is Androvaccum safe?

Gutted

Bcool  ......  don't want to derail this thread which is on Heat Packs but the answer to your question on what VED people use is here :  

Forum member discount from Augusta Medical - Peyronies Society Forums

Dumbguy

hey guys im 3 months with an awfull new lession,  i started using hypertermia like 3 weeks ago, its amazing what it does, my bad bad wasting and turtling is so improved the days i consistenly use heat at least 1 hr
I think during the acute stage it could improve the result on the long run because as more blood runs into the tissue  this doesnt die, i belive this because pentox improves blood flow and coq10 that gives extra energy to the cells so it can resist longer, but if theres enough bloodflow then this problem is minimized or i hope so
i have seen that hyperthermia is not recomended (therapeuticly for other purposes) during recent lessions cause this increase inflamation, but well, i´ve been doing dumb things like smoking (alters healing by reducing oxigen and constricting blood vesels) rough sex (3 hours with weed) (that was 2 weeks ago and that awesome erection was thanks to heat my gut feeling sais)
however i discontinued some days and now im noticing worse turtling and increased plaque it may had been natural (or forced progresion (rough sex)) but i dont know, i have a small dick and some ed problems , plus deformity is starting to kick in, so, would you guys continue heat or no?  
thanks guys and i think this is it, hyperthermia for the win

FriskyDingo

So after a over a month of using a reusable heat pack I would highly recommend this.

Furthermore, I have found contrasting, by alternating between a heat pack and an ice pack, to also be effective.

I only use these treatments for about 20 minutes a day, some times I can do up to an hour. I think I would see more improvement if I used them for at least an hour every day, but I don't have the time at the moment.

These following things have been most effective for me:
1. Heat packs (including contrasting)
2. Pine bark extract
3. Serrapeptase and Nattokinase
4. Meditation

I implemented these things independent of each other, so I was able to notice a clear improvement from each of these. I recommend these four things because I clearly noticed an improvement, its not like it kinda helped or I think it might have helped. Each of these have clearly helped with my corporal fibrosis induced peyronies.

Jimbruski

FriskyDingo,

Can you elaborate on how these have helped you?
I've been using heat packs along with VED for a few months now but haven't noticed any change.
I haven't used many supplements however so I'd appreciate the additional info.

Thanks,

Jimbruski

FriskyDingo

So basically when I got injured I had a lot of numbness in my junk. It was always cold afterwards with little sensation. The heat packs have helped bring back much of the sensation I lost. As a result, I get a lot more erections and just feel better down there. I also had a lot of pain, which seems weird because I had numbness too. Its like the pleasure receptors got numbed but not the pain receptors. I have noticed a further reduction in pain using the heat packs (although much of my pain has gone since using the other treatments).

krazylord

Hey Frisky,

Do you put the heat pack around the penis(front side, back side...). Since you and I have corporal fibrosis, I wonder how do you apply the heat.

It is interesting what you say about the enzymes. I have never tried them, but I might give them a try soon (once I am done fasting).

Thanks!

FriskyDingo

Krazy,

I bought a reusable pack that is supposed to be used on your neck. The pack is quite long. What I do is I lay down with my dick up against my abdomen and and I rest the heat pack on top of it so that my dick is in between my abdomen and the heat pack. Heats up my entire junk.

skunkworks

These look kinda interesting - Technology

Could maybe take the cover off and just use the flexible heating pad inside.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

skunkworks

So I've been using these since March, sometimes with traction but more often than not just by itself.

I have had the sensation of impeded urine flow since my injury, stream much less strong than it used to be. Yesterday that disappeared, today it is still gone.

Best treatment since traction in my mind.  
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Gutted

That's awesome SkunkW ..... assume you mean the HotHands packs ?

What has your regimen generally been ? everyday ? period ? etc etc

Cheers

skunkworks

Air activated heat packs yeah, but some cheapo knock off brand. I got a case for cheap from ebay, seem to work fine. Hothands definitely last longer though.

As to time, I pop one out in the morning and just put it on when I can. Maybe three 1.5 hour applications over the course of the day. Every day but I might miss a Sat or Sun here and there.

Gutted

I do roughly the same but probably slightly longer sessions ...... 2hrs each

As a minimum, I always do a 2 hour application per day before VED. The positive difference it makes to a VED session is extremely marked as well.

I agree with your experience on the benefits of just the heat alone as well. For me it reduces any pain, increased flaccid length and stopped shrinking, reduces hard flaccid and just makes me feel normal ...... which is good psychologically !

skunkworks

The convenience is a big one also. Time constraints have not left me much time for traction recently, but the heatpack is easy to do whenever.

Irish_worried

So I have started with hothands today. I'm just wondering is it OK to have the heat near the testicles.? Gonna try this for a few weeks and then start ved hopefully when I have the money to buy one. I have hourglass which is not too bad bar the indent on one side. My main issue is a weakness that could lead to more damage bending upwards at the point of the  hourglass. Anyway here's hoping.  

Gutted

I have an hourglass too (at the mid-point) and an upward curve.

I use the Hothands for  ~2 hour sessions at a time.

I'm not sure who would be qualified to know whether heat is OK near the Testicles but I attach the Hothands heatpack to the topside for 30 mins then attach it to the underside for 30mins i.e rotate like that for the 2 hour session and I have suffered no negatives, in fact, heatpacks have been very beneficial to me

FriskyDingo

Gutted

I highly discourage applying heat near the testicles. Sperm needs to be a few degrees cooler then the rest of the body for the sperm to survive. Thats why the balls drop when you are warm, and will ascend when you are cold. A quick google search should confirm this.

skunkworks

Only matters if you're actively trying to impregnate a woman. The effect is temporary so if you're not trying to knock someone up, it doesn't matter.

NeoV

Heating the testicles lowers testosterone, which happens sometime after the heating and may return to normal later. I would just avoid heating your scrotum too much but don't overly worry. I have to say I am quite guilty of heating then accidentally for long periods when heating my penis. Taking a hot bath or shower has the same effect, to what degree, I don't know.

Irish_worried

[Full quote remove be admin]

Do you mind me asking what have been the benefits.  

Gutted

Yes thanks guys, I was aware of how the scrotum modulates temperature in your balls and how/why it does it.

I would make a couple of points though.

I guess my absolute priority is getting rid of the curve and dents and as SkunkW says, I am not planning on babies anyway.

Also, I would say that even if you only keep the heatpacks on top of your penis, the heat generated down there will still increase the temperature in the scrotal area beyond what it should be. Interestingly though, the research paper (posted in another thread) on heat therapy did actually make it clear that the heat required to have an effect was only, from memory +2 or +3 degs C up on body, which is much less than the Heatpacks put out. However, when I tried the lower heat put out by reheat-able (microwave) rice / bean bags it doesn't seem so effective on me.

A not so obvious by product of the heating is that, when the scrotal sack lowers, I personally find it makes a VED session much easier than if the scrotum is tight and contracted up against the shaft, if you see what I mean.

Irish_worried - answer to your question is in my opening post of this thread

dplookin

Can someone tell me what the dimensions of the Hand Warmers are, in inches ?  I have been away from working on my peyronies for the last year and a half due to kidney cancer......by the way Chemotherapy can make peyronies worse I found out.  I had lost a few inches in length due to peyronies, and while on chemo, I lost at least another inch.........not happy about that.  But, I need the physical size of the Hand Warmers before I buy them to make sure they are not too big for what I have left after Chemotherapy.  Thank you,  dplookin

Gutted

Just measured one ... pretty much bang on 3" x 2"  ..... that's the Hot Hands brand of handwarmer

redbullmaster

I ordered a second box of 40 from amazon, theses one's aren't as hot as the first box I ordered.  
Anyone know if they changed how hot theses get, they also now have a big white label on the back on how you should use them.

dplookin

To:  Gutted..............Thank you for providing the measurements of the Hand Warmers.  dplookin

skunkworks

Quote from: NeoV on June 24, 2016, 09:16:20 PM
Heating the testicles lowers testosterone, which happens sometime after the heating and may return to normal later. I would just avoid heating your scrotum too much but don't overly worry. I have to say I am quite guilty of heating then accidentally for long periods when heating my penis. Taking a hot bath or shower has the same effect, to what degree, I don't know.

Man there is always a downside:(

I had a bit of a look around, one of those rat studies showed significant decrease in testicle weight!  

Gutted

Quote from: redbullmaster on June 26, 2016, 10:24:50 PM
I ordered a second box of 40 from amazon, theses one's aren't as hot as the first box I ordered.  
Anyone know if they changed how hot theses get, they also now have a big white label on the back on how you should use them.

Hmmmm .... that's very interesting Redbull. I decided to get one of those giant 40 pairs boxes from Amazon too and it's just arrived. I have just checked and mine also have the 'new' warning label on the back about only using them on hands, no other body parts and not to be used for medical pain relief ...... it's almost like they've been reading our Forum !!!   ;D

I don't need to use one of these new ones yet as I haven't run out of the first lot but will try one next and let you know if packs from the '40 box' seem cooler. It wil be very annoying if they are !!

Gutted

Quote from: redbullmaster on June 26, 2016, 10:24:50 PM

As promised, tried one of the new ones from my box of 40 ...... that particular one was the same as all the others I'd used from previous packs.

I did read somewhere in some Hot Hands info that each individual heatpack can very slightly, which I suppose isn't a surprise given the way way they work. Maybe you'll find one was a bit dud and the rest OK ?

wakenbake69

[Full quotes not allowed, please check the forum rules or ask me if you have questions - admin]

Confirmed... Some boxes work better than others. I'd guess about 1 in 12 are complete duds and never heat up. Sometimes I get a box that all seem to be 'fresh' and work great and sometimes i get a box that seems to be all duds. I've sent an email to the manufacturer on this, will post any response i get.  

FriskyDingo

Something interesting I noticed.

When I apply a ice pack for a few minutes my dick will eventually turn a bright red. I recall always hearing icing reduces inflammation... ok, but what about blood flow.

A quick google search of 'why does icing turn skin red' will reveal that icing will increase blood to the applied area. Basically, the body will signal to the brain that it needs warm blood in the cooled area. So the body will cycle out the cold blood and bring in warm blood. Hence the red color of the applied area.

Taken from a nonscientific article interviewing a research scientist - " if the temperature of the affected area continues to drop, nerve activity is depressed and the blood vessels begin to open up again, bringing in an onslaught of blood which re-warms the tissues"

So how does this apply to us? Perhaps icing brings in blood by a different mechanism than heating. When I heat my junk its red too, but it also looks inflammed (inflammation isnt an inherent bad thing). When I ice my junk, its red but the veins are not bulging and the skin looks very smooth.

Just some interesting stuff that may point to the benefit of contrasting

NeoV

Thanks Frisky, I will try alternating cold and heat and see how it goes!

skunkworks

Athletes alternate hot and cold on injuries to speed up recovery. Ice immediately after obviously to minimise the rush of inflammation directly after injury, then when you're onto the recovery stage, alternate hot and cold.

Could definitely be worth trying.  

aussie2

hey guys has any one thought of the good old hot water bottle{with a cover of coarse},i found there is a few different sizes out there but been so easy an cheap an heat lasts for ages,just dont use without a cover.

NeoV

Nothing wrong with that. I had one of those for a while, and you could make one, but nothing beats the rice sock!

FriskyDingo

I have tried heating alone for months at a time, then I tried icing/heating together for a month straight, then I tried just icing for 3 weeks, then I went back to heating only.

After this experimentation, heating only (everyday) has given me better results than contrasting (icing/heating) and icing only.

dplookin

Skunkworks.........an answer to your question from me.  I use the Hot Hands Heat Packs, and yes I have been applying them directly without anything like fabric........but, It might be a good idea us to some kind of fabric because I do get a Red Mark from the heat.  For me, I don't think the Heat is doing anything, but that's just me.  Just FYI.....dplookin

Steveo

There is little to recommend alternating cold and hot (AKA "contrast therapy"):

How to use heat and cold to treat athletic injuries

"Several physiological effects have been proposed to explain the benefits of contrast therapy. Many have suggested that contrast therapy results in cycles of vasodilation and vasoconstriction, thus creating a pumping action to reduce swelling. However, tissue temperatures are not affected by contrast treatments (Myrer et al. 1994, 1997; Higgins and Kaminski 1998). The brief exposure to cold and the fact that superficial heating has minimal effect on deep blood flow suggest that there is little vascular response to contrast therapy."

If anyone can point to studies showing benefits of hot/cold therapy rather than just hot therapy after the initial injury, I'm all ears.

Quote from: dplookin on August 23, 2016, 07:34:42 AMFor me, I don't think the Heat is doing anything, but that's just me.

Are you stretching or massaging or enlarging the penis with VED after heat therapy?  Heat alone is likely to do nothing.  Heat merely makes the tissue more pliable (weakens collagen bonds) which allows scar remodeling through tissue elongation to happen more quickly.

wakenbake69

Quote from: Steveo on August 23, 2016, 11:57:52 PM
If anyone can point to studies showing benefits of hot/cold therapy rather than just hot therapy after the initial injury, I'm all ears.

No studies, but from personal experience Contrast Therapy helped a lot in the early stages when I was in pain. As in it would provide total relief from pain for 3-6 hours, which was a godsend at the time.

skunkworks

I tried hot/cold. Short term results were negative compared to just heat. I doubt we'll ever see a study on hot/cold and Peyronie's long term so in light of the study Steveo posted earlier, I think I'll just stick with what have turned out to be (for me) the best treatments by far, heat+traction and heat+edging. If I could get a heated VED I think that would be a killer treatment also.  

Irish_worried

Hey guys I use heat most days when I have time the last few weeks. Just wondering does anyone apply heat directly to the glands. I think I read on here not to do that as it isn't good. I don't but have a plaque just under there so was wondering would it be OK to apply heat there. The heat definitely is helping reduce the size of the plaques so far.  

PeetyPeet

Gutted (and anyone else), I just wondered how you were getting on with the heat packs since your original post back in March? Has your condition continued to improve?

Many thanks

Peety

peyter

Really interesting treatment...I will probably try in next days and will keep you posted about it.

I will try a reusable hotpack and I will see...

My question is if someone have had any curvature improvements by applying this termal treatment. As i ve read it has success to reduce pain clearly, but really improve the curvature? My case is 5 months agot the onset and I have no pain but I have plaque and 40 degrees left curvature.

Thanks to all for your interesting thread.

Peyter

Blake247

Hey guys, i read that using heat pads for a certain period of time can actually damage the plaque making it harder and more stiff. I also read that excessive heat can cause damage as well. So my questions are, how long should i use a heat pad and how hot should it be?

skunkworks

Hi Blake, where did you read that re making the plaque harder. It really is important to actually include a source, as there is no point in us investigating something if the source of the claim has no credibility.

TonySa

Steven mentions earlier in the thread he read a study that 40C over 2 hrs can break down good and bad collagen...now I'm concerned because I've been applying hothands several hours a day...
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

NeoV

The hypothermia study should be in the Resource Library. I have never heard of it making the plaque worse, but feel free to link any relevant quotes here. The study showed the plaques getting softer, from what I remember.

skunkworks

As I recall though, they were using heat for 45min a day.