Newbie - Self diagnosed

Previous topic - Next topic

13-seeker

Hopefully this ends up in the right forum

I first started noticing "things" in the fall of 2014 at age 59 when I would get a strange pressure feeling in my lower back around the kidney area during an orgasm.  Not really painful, just strange and distracting, to say the least.  This seemed to be somewhat contingent on the position I was in so I learned how to avoid it.  After about 4 to 6 months it went away but then the curving started up.  At first it was almost like a cork screw bending up then to the left but in time it "straightened" to just bowing up, as if only the bottom part was expanding.  Now it looks a lot like a paren " ) ", in fact, that is about the exact curve!  

Had made an appointment to see my urologist when the pressure first started but was not sure what to tell him.  Then when I went to my appointment I guess it was a bad scheduling day and after waiting about an hour I got up and left.  Face it, I was not very comfortable in the first place.  I plan to go see him fairly soon but after doing some research on the net it does not look like there is much that I can expect from him but he is a good doctor and I do like him.  Guess by now I want to get some professional advice.

short history:
I was diagnosed with stage 4 mantle cell lymphoma in 1997 and survived that along with 7 rounds of CHOP and a stem cell transplant.  Cancer returned in 1999 at which time multiple  doctors at four different institutions said it was incurable.  Since then I have had 5 more "flareups" of a variety of lymphomas but I am still here.  Last chemo was in 2013 so my gut feeling when I first got the strange "pressure feelings" was that it was some side effect of the R-ICE chemo.  Wasn't until the curving started that I did some research on the net and found out about Peyronies disease.

I am fortunate in that I have no pain and I have a very loving wife who is very encouraging and accepting.  So far I have NOT tried anything and have been very leery of these doctors and "products" that are claiming 80% success rates when all I read say that only about 6% of the cases every return to normal on their own and that there are NO cures to date.  Was hoping to find some valid info here on what I may be able to try on my own at home but as I said I will be seeing the urologist fairly soon.

I have Medicare so I doubt that they are going to pick up the bill on most medical treatments.  So I am quite interested in finding some good reliable info on any and all home treatments that I can start on my own.

QuackAttack

Below is a link to doctors on the forum. Make sure you URO is competent in Peyronies because not all are. Dr. Levine in Chicago is the big name in Peyronies and his book discusses combination therapies, including Pentox with VED and traction. Both Freemason and I are using Pentox. I don't know if he is using traction, but I am and it is one of the combo therapies Dr. Levine touts, so this is the route I am using. I will tell you that prior to Pentox, one week so far, I used traction with a mountain of supplements (most of which do nothing more than make your pee more yellow). The traction has increased my flaccid length by ~ 3/4 of an inch and my erections are significantly more firm. I have been getting night erections since starting traction, which I hadn't had since I was in my thirties, 51 now. Should a 4-5 month course of Pentox not result in what I am looking for, I will go to either PRP or Xiaflex with VED ad Traction.

Plenty of people here to lean on.

Take Care,

John

https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,4063.0.html