FORUM XIAFLEX RESULTS Discussions

Previous topic - Next topic

gringoviajero

Gave up the stretch straps and VED after two weeks and did just the recommended handmodeling, although I preheat beforehand.  After 5 weeks I'm just as I was pre-shots, so I'm stopping the hand modeling too.  Getting the 2nd cycle shots in 9 days.  I think having soft plaque makes it very difficult to get the needle in the right places, plus my plaque is extensive.  Difficult case.

Pfract

Ultrasound guided injection? Or your doctor just injects close to the spot?  

gringoviajero

No ultrasound.  They (2 doctors) just palpate.  It's not easy for them, and they said so from the beginning.  There's no obvious lump.  They just get it "in the neighborhood."

Pfract

Dude, check the video i posted, on the xiaflex zone recently, and then tell me if you think these doctors are doing the Best they can...  

gringoviajero

I'm afraid I don't know what the "Xiaflex Zone" is, but I'll search for it.  The doctors' competence is not in question.  Carrion is a "name"; if he can't fix it, it can't be fixed.

LWillisjr

Same here. I've had and studied Peyronies for 8 years and never heard of the Xiaflex Zone.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Pfract

I induced you guys in error. What i meant, was the zone here in the forum. Here is the link: Video of Ultrasound Guided Application of Xiapex for Peyronie's disease - Peyronies Society Forums

Shouldn't the doctor know exactly where to place the needle? you know what in mean? to precisely administer treatment?

gringoviajero

In Dr. Carrion's words when first he examined me, "The question is where to put the needle."  Those of us with soft plaque are special cases.  On the positive side, some treatments, like VED, show better results with soft plaque guys.  On the negative side, when it comes to injecting something (and I've injected myself, as you'll know if you read my bromelain experiment posts) there's no definite "target."  My plaque, like a few others on the Forum, is like a rubber band under the skin running the length.  On the 2nd shot of the first cycle, Carrion went all around the area where I had the most indentation, the inner angle of the bend.  Still no luck.  Tuesday and Wednesday next I get the 2nd round shots.  It's a crap shoot as insurance will pay for no more.  If this doesn't work, I'm back to square one (which I've never left).  I may go back to topical bromelain.