new relationship. need help supporting my guy

Previous topic - Next topic

Batgirl20

I am a 41 yr old EMT and nursing student. In November I started dating a wonderful man. He suffers from peyronie's.  Being in the medical field it was not an issue for me. He is very embarrassed by it and is very fearful of intimacy.  He has had women laugh at his penis in the past. I can understand his fears but I am trying to get him to.understand I am here for.him and this is just something we need to overcome togethe. We have sex and most of the time it is great. He does have an issue with maintaining an election and certain positions are not possible.  I am.willing to work with him to figure out what works for us. He is worth it!!!! Problem is he doesn't believe me.
How can I show him I am there for him, that this is not a huge issue for me?
I know there are probably some things we can do to help him maintain his election so hints on that would be great too

Stabler

Hello Batgirl20,

Welcome to the forum and I want to tell you how happy I am to hear of your support for your partner. The answer to your question as to how you can help him, I am sorry to say this but is going to be "time" as you have stated he has been ridiculed and laughed at and for the men with this disease that is damaging. Your patience and support will be the key factor with his trust and belief that you are in this for real with him.

You havent given any details on how Peyroinies has affected him so details about that will help us to help you. Has he seen a qualified urologist, one that specializes in Peyronies disease. there are treatment options out there for him if he isnt already following a routine with a physician.

If he is not part of the forum invite him to join or simply look around, it is anonymous and he can obtain alot of information here from men that are going through the same thing. I am going to be sending you a private message with some links to key boards in the forum have a look at them and if you have any questions please let me know.

And again,
Welcome to the forum

Stabler67
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

Freemason

Bat girl...if only more women were like you.  It can be an incredibly psychologically deflating disease.  It feels as though the only real thing that makes you a man is now gone or defective.  Like Stabler said I'd def encourage him to join the forum.  I joined a year ago and it made me go to a good Urologist who found out my Test was really low etc.. There are options. The fact that you tell him that sex is good when you have it is very encouraging as a man and something I'd like to hear if it were me.  After a while just knowing I can satisfy my partner would help a lot psychologically.

Tell him to send a PM to any members on here.  There are some who respond right away and have been very helpful.  Sometimes just talking with another man who has it can help a lot.  He's not alone.  It's great that you are so supportive..gives me hope.

QuackAttack

Bat Girl,
You are a saint. It is important to bring your guy out of his cave so to speak. This can be a very psychologically devastating condition. As I have said before, two things make a man a man. 1. supporting his family & 2. having a package in working order. I think one way for you to show your commitment is for your guy to see that you are on this forum seeking advice from people that suffer like he does from Peyronies. This is a problem that he can't ignore and he should seek help. I believe, Old Man on the forum has been using a VED (Vacuum Erection Device) for years and that could help with his erections.

John