News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Big mistake

Previous topic - Next topic

marcuswingspan

I'm 63 y.o. I Have Peyronie's Disease
In 2010, I had to be hospitalized for back surgery.  I couldn't eliminate urine and there was a night nurse who felt the need to catheterize me every few hours, and when I went home, it was with an indwelling catheter and of course I got a UTI. Really sick, I was readmitted and was again cather about every 6 hr.
I don't remember when I first noticed it, I was erect and felt a "dent" in the side of my penis. I suddenly woke up to the fact that sexual activity had become painful and normal intercourse wasn't working so well because the dent soon became a pronounced bend a couple inches from the base. I called my primary care physician and I was referred first to one doctor, then another and another. The 3rd doc asked me to bring a photo of my erect penis, did an exam, some kind of scan and told me I had Peyronie's Disease. Well that kinda sucked, then he told me about a surgical procedure he could perform to address the issue. He explained the procedure and told me about possible tissue loss and a couple of other possible side effects. If this was going to fix the problem, I'd do it. Big.Mistake. I wasn't told about any other treatments. The surgery and aftercare were very painful (as could be expected.) The second post-op was when he told me that the surgery was not successful, he couldn't even find the plaque or whatever caused it. Well, it's 4 years later, I'm  now 2 1/2 inches shorter. I still have a bend. it's sort of twisted; erections have been painful and the top of my penis numb. This was three years ago, it isn't much improved. Several times my primary care guy has suggested I go back to see what the surgeon can do, but I won't. I have way too much anxiety and my self esteem has taken quite a beating. My partner hasn't had sex with me since, and I know it sounds extreme, but I attempted suicide in '13 and was hospitalized for weeks. I can't really talk to anybody about it, but I've forced myself to discuss it with my therapist, but that doesn't help. Hard for people to understand why I just can't move on. Hell, I'm having an anxiety attack writing here anonymously. In large part though, I'm writing to state emphatically that I wish I had checked all other options before even considering surgical options. I just looked up this site, and

Jonbinspain

What you describe sounds like a botched plication, or Nesbitt procedure. I'm not sure what can or cannot be done to help you, but I'd suggest you find a competent urologist and surgeon. There is a list on the site.  

kuaka

A malpractice suit might get you enough money to have a corrective procedure by a competent physician.  That dr is a quack...

LWillisjr

You are among friends and fellow sufferers here.

Do you know what procedure was used?
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History