Xiaflex... Ejaculation Pain After

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty1234

My xiaflex treatments have been all over the place. I have a rather large plaque at the spot just below the top of my penis. The plaque basically sits there like someone placed a dime or nickel on my penis and then it was under the skin... That's the feeling it gives. My penis before peyronies was about 6 inches erect and now is more like 5.5 inches at best. My first round of xiaflex was tough. It was painful and it was rough. I had severe swelling and bruising all the way through my testicles and up to my belly. It was crazy. My second round was much better, I think the dr who did the second is just better at it. The first shot of the second round had some sweeping and bruising but the second shot of the second round was 10 days later and after 2 days there is almost no swelling and almost no pain. However. After my 1st shot of the second round on day 10 before I got my second shot, I had an erection in the morning. I masturbated very gently but when I ejaculated I had some serious pain shoot through my penis head right where the scar is. It hurt like hell and my erection ran away quickly. I wonder if it's just blood hitting the scar tissue or what not? It's been 3 days since shot 2 and I got an erection this morning but I will not try to masturbate or ejaculate out of fear from how awful that pain was. Has anyone else experienced that? That's really what I need to know. I am really hoping for it to just be a side effect that will go away, but I have no idea. Maybe he blood vessels just aren't ready for that to happen yet. Anyway. I'm terrified to feel that pain again but my Dr. assured me it's fine and it will go away with time. He says that where he injected it would be impossible to have any serious side effects with the nerve endings. I really really hope it will go away. It hurt so bad the first time I actually started crying. Anyway. If anyone else had this happen, I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Oh. And my plaque is pretty well on the way to be calcified if it isn't already. Doc said after this round if it doesn't get better, he would want me to do surgery if it still bugged me. I think I'll just deal with whatever penis I am left with. However, I will say my penis has straightened and worked so much better from day 1. I had a 15 degree bend original that is now basically straight as can be. Just need to get this hour glass fixed.  

gringoviajero

I wouldn't be at all concerned.  I'm very similar to you both in condition and effect.  The ecchymoses is normal, albeit overly extensive in the one instance.  I'm behind you in treat about a month.  So far I think the Xiaflex is helping.  I'm optimistic and you should be too.  I think we'll both be pleased at the outcome.  Thank heavens we have this option; those before us did not.

gringoviajero

Oh! and as for ejaculation pain: you remind me of the one about the guy who goes to his doctor and says, "Doc, it hurts when I do this" and the doctor says, "Well, then don't do that."  Leave it alone for 2 weeks like they tell us.

Dusty1234

Yeah thanks for the thoughts. It's been 8 days since shot two of round two. Got an erection this morning again and I have also used a vacuum device since per instructions from my dr. I still have some pain in the area of the scar tissue. I'm scared out of my mind to ejaculate because of the potential for pain. I don't plan on touching it for a week. It's almost as if too much blood is trying to go through the scar tissue area and it's just painful as hell. It literally is a jolting sharp needle type pain right on the top side of my penis where the scar tissue is. This didn't happen in my first round so I am still nervous. If it's painful in two more weeks from now, back to the Doc I go.  

Dusty1234

Wanted to give an update. After now 9 days since my second shot. I have been using my VED and my traction device for several days and I actually got full and firm erections that didn't hurt when I flexed or forced blood to the tip, which is where my plaque is. My penis looks better erect now than it did before round one or before round two. I plan on continuing my regimen of VED, traction, modeling with and without erection, and Vitamin E oil before bed. I believe that with everything I do this thing will be back to about 95% in a few weeks and probably close to a hundred in the weeks ahead. If the hour glass doesn't go away completely, I may try one more round. I may also choose to not as just live with it. The shots have been excruciatingly painful for me. I don't want to do anymore but will if I feel I must. Overall, xiaflex worked for me and I would urge those who are about to do it to do several things.

1. Get it done sooner before the plaque calcifies. It feels like my doctor sticks a needle in a bone inside of my penis when I get the shot. Imagine that. It's awful. The softer the plaque the better.

2. Don't have sex too soon after shots. Listen to your body.

3. Wait til most of the swelling has gone down to start traction, modeling, and VED.

4. After your shots, have your doctor wrap your penis from tip to base but not so thought that you can't pee. Leave that in place for at least 24 hours and when you take it off have another wrap ready to go. Quickly clean it and then stretch it out to re-wrap it immediately. The medicine is weird and causes so much awkward and potentially painful swelling. Leave it on for 24 hours! Trust me.

5. Have faith. It may look worse before it gets better but in a month it may look an incredible amount better. Be patient. Listen to your body. Don't overdo it.  Be aggressive but smart in your therapy. If something starts to hurt, stop it.

6. I wish you all the best of luck. It does get better. My penis is now working as well as it did before it started.

One final comment. When this began almost two years ago, I had two plaques getting progressively bigger. One was at the tip, which I still deal with; the other was about halfway up my penis shaft. It was always smaller, but it was definitely there. We never injected that one but since my first round... That plaque has completely disappeared. Nobody can explain that, but the other one wasn't going anywhere so I'm glad I've kept doing this. All in all, do whatever you think is best and try to avoid surgery at all costs.