penile prosthesis operation on 9/12/2015

Previous topic - Next topic

walrus67

hi guys ive recently had the 3 part prosthesis operation, some 6 days ago...if any of you need to pick my brains re..pre and after care feelfree to drop me a line...im very happy thus far 🎃

Stabler

Thank you Walrus67,

That is very kind of you to offer I am sure the members will be great full

Stabler67
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

walrus67

i may post some photos when i can figure out how

walrus67

i have recently had penile prosthesis operation..at bradford royal infirmary..under the expert care of a dr.bolton...brilliant man the job he's done is superb...his care and frank consultations invaluable...lots of unknowns about this disease...choose your treatment that suits you....i did and im happy..very happy

walrus67

dec 9th...checked in at bradford royal infirmary 07.30..was told my prosthesis operation would be mid morning
details sorted...told of the obvious risks...ranging from 5%..to 2% loss of feeling post surgery, permanent loss of any feeling in the head, death under anaesthetic, usual scary stuff...
surgeon said infection and blood loss were key factors...and the theatre would be on lockdown , whoever was in stayed in..
he had plans for the plaque and plan a,b,c,d,e for anything that lay ahead...i admit i was a tad scared, but had huge faith in dr.bolton...and his team
9.05  i'm up...patient prior to me needed a scan...pushing me to the front...tights on .backless gown on...i had bathed and shaved myself at home priorto leaving
full team in the recovery room introduced themselves anaethetist too...assured me that all would be fine..
feel a small prick.....youre telling me pal
13.10 woke up on ward....starving.....surveyed the damage.....5inch scar on right of navel....catheter fitted..small drain pipe with collection vesel from my testicles....sore as hell mainly in my abdomen , the site of the resevoir and my groin
15.00 visit from dr.bolton saying it was a dream op no plan b needed ..bit of blood loss but all well..penis inflates lovely and is well above average size..he is very happy..
17.00 some strong advice, never and i mean never....decide under the influence of general anaethsthetic...that you feel ok to try a sneaky ciggy.....whilst attached to a catheter with a drain from your balls and a hole in your gut...i wont go into details but i spent the next 2 hours on oxygen and my blood pressure plummeted
7pm....after food and tea...lots of water i felt fine...morphine did its job ...i was comfortable
easily the most restless night of my life...very uncomfortable...catheter awful...not too much slack on it to the bag ..noisy ward...constant checking..terrible tv and radio
10.15 am 10th december...need to produce 3 seperate urine samples ...to check function and see if any issues have arose..visit from surgeon who deflates the device pressing the valve in my scrotum, he leaves it part inflated overnight for it to initially bed in..this hurt like F~@<..as did the catheter removal, but not as much as the plasters from my groin and belly area...oucha..but it was all done quickly and i was sailing on morphine anyway..he again told me that all was well and i could go home that day..
2.30pm...3 pisses later im hobbling to the car, my mrs driving obviously
been mainly just resting ..the resevoir site in my gut is easily the most painful but least invasive part of the operation...its just muscle thats been moved slightly..not cut and is a bastard when sitting or lying...or trying to do anything...my penis is strangely firm due to the prosthetics...and is almost constantly in a gonna get hard on mode ,that tingle..i hope this never goes! my testicles now have a valve between them ..which is also taking time to adjust to....painkillers and a bucket are normal for me..its now 16th december and i feel okay just not there yet, another week at least...in my experience its well worth it...but dont expect to be back at work after a few days...its 2 weeks to a month recovery..i was told this but didnt believe...i do now

kuaka

In my opinion, there is NO such thing as "minor surgery"...and surgery on or near my willy?  Hell no, it isn't minor.  I've had my testes worked on three different times, and it is a big deal...always.

congrats on a surgery went well and good luck on the continued recovery.

kuaka

walrus67

who claims that surgery is minor??
kinda goes without saying really i certainly never said that

kuaka

Never said it was "minor"...just that NO surgery is "minor".  :)

walrus67

right ok youve stated the obvious twice now in two posts, just wondering why?..or is that what you do...

walrus67

hi just thought id share my post op experience with you in the hope that there may be crumbs of comfort for anyone else reading this
i had my implant surgery on 9/12/15  .AMS 700  implant...its now as i type 29/12/15
the main pain area, for which even tramadol wouldnt ease ..has been the resevoir incision site in my abdomen, just level with my belly button 4 inches right...but this subsided after about 12 days..still twinges but nothing major
however this easing, has highlighted the ache in my penis and testicles...which was probably there before, but got swamped by afforementioned tummy pain...
so yes guys for me its been uncomfortable...i have felt weak...i am looking at doing very little for at least another week...although today without pain control im at about a 1/10...its about settling down now...my penis has never felt so alive since the op...constantly in that ''horny'' stage...whilst looking pretty amazing without inflation...
yes guys its uncomfortable.....yes you are pretty much immobile for at least 10 days...piss bucket...john wayne stance etc.....but psycologically.....WOWZA...will update when im further along the road
any questions just ask
cheers
ray

Justiciero

Hello walrus 67
We could indicate the center and doctor where you perform the implant. It has already started cycling?
Thanks and speedy recovery

walrus67

dr.bolton
bradford royal infirmary, yorkshire england
excellent uro...honest and wonderful surgeon