CAN YOU HAVE PEYRONIES WITH NO CURVATURE???

Previous topic - Next topic

jz81

Hi my name is jason.  Im wondering if you can have peyronies without curvature or a bend in the penis?? I have a long hard strand that goes from the base of the penis to about the head. When i get an erection theres pain and also when its flaccid afterwards.  I can feel it right under the skin ... has anyone had this or know what im dealing with.  Doctora blow me off because they cant feel it when i go in and they refuse to do an ultrasound because i have no bend.. i can defenitely feel it right under the skin on the left side .. please any help or answers would help me out  

LWillisjr

The original who documented this in the 1700's defined as damage or scarring of the Tunica causing a bend or curve. So some would argue that yes Peyronies implies a curve.

But we have learned a lot since then and know that fibrosis of some sort in the Tunica causes this. And so do you call it Peyronies when you have a curve, or fibrosis, or both.

We also know there are a lot of other problems or issues than one can have with your penis and there may not be a name for all of them. I do think it is possible to have fibrosis, or internal damage, or others that cause. So it doesn't matter what you call it. The issue is to determine what your issue is and getting it treated.

The question is what is the strand you are feeling and is there anything you need to do. I would think if you can feel this, then the urologist should have been able to as well.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

race2end

Exacty what i had in last 2m, no perceived physical change. now after short 5 days of traction, seemed to have made it worse with some curve. Lovely.  

kuaka

There is a curve associated with the plaque when said plaque is only on one side.  If you have a ring of scar around the penis, it can cause an hourglass shape, loss of erect length and pain.  Even if a "curve" as such is not present, I would consider this PDS as well.

jz81

Well i had a urlogist appoitment he felt what i was talking about and said it was peyronies now i have to have an ultrasound and figure out what the nexr steps are.   Shots or creams i hope something works this pain is ridiculous at times  

krazylord

Hey jz81,

I do have a plaque right at the septum, at the base of the penis, so I have no curvature. But the pain was insane for 5 months. Not is almost gone. It comes and goes, but just a discomfort. I also developed an hourglass deformity in semi-erect.

Note that NONE of these two issues have been seen in 4 doppler ultrasound I have had, 4, and by different doctors. Sometimes Peyronies Disease is not easy to see. In my case the plaque is palpable and you can feel it but they cannot see it with doppler (they did see it with MRI though).

But for the hourglass, they could not see anything...and the hourglass is there...

skunkworks

The simple answer is yes. If you had an equal amount of scar tissue on either side of the penis, it would not bend.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

kuaka

Peyronie's is basically scar tissue/plaque which interferes with erection.  While a curve is "typical", ANY interference with erection caused by scar tissue on the Tunica or other parts of the penis is Peyronie's by definition.

kuaka