Penis slips out of traction device

Previous topic - Next topic

monekymindcontrol

I just got a sizegenetics traction device, which is the one my uro recommended. Problem is, the head of my penis slips right out through the loop in the end when it's put under any significant tension. I don't have an especially small penis, but we're talking about it's flaccid state here! How am I supposed to get it to stay in? Do other people have this problem? Do they jury-rig something with the device?

Thanks in advance

coolguymtl

im almost ready to buy mine, and this is the issue im most worried about. id like to know that my penis wil fit in and not constantly slip out!

LWillisjr

You should be able to stretch your penis even while flaccid. And you need to experiment with how tight to set the noose to hold the head. And you don't need to apply a lot of tension. Start out easy.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

monekymindcontrol

There's nothing to experiment with – the strap is already as tight as it goes :/

As to how much tension to apply: the device instructions say that I should rig it so the device is 1 cm longer than my flaccid penis when fully outstretched. I cannot get it anywhere near that long without the penis popping right out. At the moment I've got it in stretched out to a bit less than the maximum I could stretch it by hand, and I wrapped some stuff around it behind the head to give it more purchase. It stays in the device at that length for a while, though I have to tug it back through maybe every half hour. But this is less tension than the device instructions say, and it just doesn't *feel* like tension – all it feels like is a weird thing hanging between my legs. Am I just wasting my time if the tension is too low? Are there any device-independent explanations of how to measure and calibrate the tension?

LWillisjr

OK, I wasn't that familiar with the sizegenetics device. I just looked it up and I see that there is a limit to the strap tightness. My device was similar to the quick extender Pro. If you take a look at it you will see there is a rubber strap that you can pretty much tighten as much as you want.

So now I see where the size genetics can be a problem. The only thing I can suggest is what you are trying, to wrap some cloth or material below the glans to help hold/tighten.

Also, many of these devices come with instructions for penile lengthening. So you don't need to follow the directions. For Peyronies the intent is to stretch your penis, but add length/tension at your discretion.  
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

monekymindcontrol

Re securing head:
It seems like the size genetics device actually has holes and clamps to accommodate a silicone tube "lasso" kind of thing – but they expect you to pay $200 for that in their "ULTIMATE SYSTEM". As an alternative, I just ordered the "Andropenis comfort kit" – it seems to include similar tubing, marketed for use with the Andropeyronie, but I'm hoping it will fit with the size genetics device. I could probably also just get some tubing at a hardware store...

Re tension:
The only instructions my uro gave me were to follow the directions that came with the size genetics device. The stretch I'm getting now puts me at maybe 150% of the length my flaccid penis would hang to if left to its own devices, maybe even a bit more, but that's still less than the maximum length I can stretch it to by hand, so it seems like pretty minimal tension. I can't seem to find any information on how to know how much tension you're going for here... I remember reading somewhere that you want "slight discomfort but not pain", but I am not even at the discomfort level.

One concrete thing I found was in this article, which says the Levine pilot study had the patients increase the length of the device by 0.5 cm every 2 weeks:

Penile traction therapy and Peyronie's disease: a state of art review of the current literature

Thing is, if I go 0.5 cm longer, it's DEFINITELY gonna slip right out unless the "lasso" style tubes anchor it better...

kuaka

What you are after, with either traction or VED, is to feel it pulling on the plaque but not causing pain.  The objective is to reshape the plaque as you soften it with meds/supplements, NOT add length to your penis.  Attempting to add length to a penis is one of the causes of PDS, in my opinion.

monekymindcontrol

I don't know what "feel it pulling on the plaque" means. If I pull my penis, with either my hand or the device, all I feel is it pulling my whole penis. I personally do not ever "feel" the plaque in any way unless there's something putting pressure directly on it, resulting in a feeling of tenderness. (Obviously I can "feel" the bump from the outside with my fingers etc. if I touch it.) So I cannot use any internal feeling to help calibrate the tension.

kuaka

Unfortunate.  Just don't over pull.  The last thing you want is to introduce "new" injury to the Tunica.

J-A

Get a Phallosan Forte. You will have no problems with it, It has sml,med,large bells (you will understand when you see it) it is very comfortable to wear for extended periods
Happy to chat to anyone who would like more details of my journey so far, on here or on the phone

monekymindcontrol

I just wanted to report back that, although I've only just put it on, the slipping problem seems to be totally solved by using the silicone tube "noose" method I got by ordering the "Andropenis comfort kit". The problem had been due to the terrible design of the only strap that comes with the size genetics device by default, which I discussed and illustrated in another thread:

Traction device trouble 2 different devices don't work for me, please help! - Peyronies Society Forums

I am only using one of the silicone tubes that comes with the "comfort kit", so it's a bit ridiculous that I paid USD 60 for it... you could probably just find the right size tube at some hardware store, though if you are doing so I will mention that the tube you want actually seems almost too big for the holes and is quite hard to push through them – this presumably keeps it anchored in place.

I'm told the andropenis and size genetics devices are identical; if this is true, what I've learned is that the size genetics device is a bad deal given the pricing model at the time of writing, since you pay USD 200 for the device, but because of the garbage strap it is nearly useless (unless you have a fairly thick flaccid penis, I guess), and they want you to go up to USD 400 just to get a silicone tube and a few more doodads. For SG + the comfort kit I paid 260 total, but it looks like if I had just gotten the andropenis device to begin with, I would have gotten a device + functioning anchor system (silicone tube) for USD 240 and not lost week of traction messing around with a barely functional system.

skunkworks

Some people do prefer the comfort strap. I personally think it is worse as it will require a tighter grip to hold, whereas the noose can rest under the ledge of the glans, lessening how much you have to tighten the noose to keep a good hold.  
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

MattFoley

I use the suction cup kind of traction. As long as you properly measure for the right size, it won't slip out and you can wear it wherever you go and it looks natural. And, I use it at night during sleep but don't do that unless you're penis is used to it.
Got Testosterone?

Lucketts

What is the brand name of the suction cup traction that you use?  Thanks.

QuackAttack

Lucketts,

The Phallosan Forte utilizes suction; however, it isn't really a suction cup. The PF has a condom sleeve that you put talcum powder on, roll it back over the bell, place the gland into the bell, roll the condom sleeve over the shaft, turn the suction portion of the unit to suction, pump 2-3 times and lock the suction in by turning to the lock position. You don't get anything slipping out if you use the correct condom size and you get a measuring device with the product and several condoms, some small, medium and large to work with.

With a rod traction device, you are going to have to find what holds you the best. For me, the silicon noose is best, but it wears out and you have to order replacements. With the noose you will need to find something that will help pad the noose to keep it from strangling your package. I took one of those neoprene beer coolers, cut it up and had my sew it to the correct size to fit around the noose to add a little padding. I think the same can be beneficial to create a glove for your package as long as the neoprene has one side that is tacky rubber to allow for it to maintain its grip.

actionnotsorrow

most days since christmas I have been trying a new regime with my traction device (a jes extender)
I was finding it impossible to wear the supplied noose for more than 30 minutes at a time due to considerable bruising to the head, else having it so loose that the tension can't be adjusted beyond 'just there' and hence highly unlikely to produce any result at all in 100 years.
I then had the idea of taping the head to the top of the TD using adhesive sports tape. After trying various ways I got to the point where I could apply reasonable tension (circa 1.5Kg) without the tape ripping (ouch) off the head of the penis. I ran out of sports tape and searching for alternative supplies discovered it would cost way more than what I had originally paid.
So I decided to use duck tape. (duct - same difference) Here because of the reduced flexiblity of the tape I discovered the technique of slicing the tape (before it's anywhere near the penis.....) into approx 5mm wide strips. Applying these to the penis head allows for more flexibility whilst still allowing for the same overall grab and hence tension possibilities.

So, how many others have tried something similar as a method to get around the quite common problem of slippage and or strangulation using a noose, I guess because some of us guys having smaller heads with less overhang?

Forgot to say, so far all I can confidently state as a fact, my flaccid length is definitely longer by a good inch, but no increase in erect length, and as yet no definite reduction in curvature.
But interestingly enough, unless it's because of my slight change in diet, my erections do seem that little but firmer, and more often. Could this be because at my age, late 40s, the action of stretching is helping loosen any slight blockages in the supply arteries.  

mike67

I haven't used my Fast Size traction device for a few years. But as suggested by JWillisJr last Nov 14 , I recall wrapping a small piece of flannel cloth around the tip before strapping in to the device. That seemed to help very much to stop the slipage.
Mikey

QuackAttack

Action,

Here is what I did for my Size Genetics device, same manufacture, different distributor.  Get a slip-on beer cooler for beer. This is made of neoprene and has some give. Cut the neoprene so it lays flat. Next, put the noose on the neoprene and fold it over the noose. Secure the neoprene with pins. Next, either you will have to learn a new skill (sewing) or do what I did (wife) and have a women in your life with sewing skills sew it just large enough to allow the noose to loosely slide into the neoprene tube that you created. You will want to take the side that was sewn and turn it inside out so you have a smooth edge.  This should give you about 1-2 hours of comfort. Your extender should have also come with a thin black rubber band/strap to wrap around your penis, use this to help with the comfort. You can also do the same for your penis; however, you will need to use something larger than a beer cooler sleeve. I did is with an old neoprene back brace (basically wetsuit material). Same directions apply, but you want this to be  closer to a perfect fit. My attempt at this was a bit tight, so I need to get my wife to create another one.

One thing you should know about the noose, they wear out and finding replacements are challenging. I found some at aliexpress and they didn't fit because they were too large to fit into the holes and I have had nothing but problems getting my money back. Do not use them. Either go to the manufacture of your device, or use Ebay or Amazon who have much better return policies. My crap came directly from China and it took almost 6 weeks to get and I had it in dispute. I would have had to pay to send them back and that would have cost almost as much as the price I paid.

monekymindcontrol

Quack, re replacement nooses, see my comment above about the "Andropenis comfort kit". It cost me $60 but it contains a handful of the silicone tubes that fit with my Size Genetics device.

QuackAttack

Ouch, I hope you get 12 or more otherwise you are paying over five bucks a piece for a 33 cent piece of tubing.

IhatePD

I stopped using the loop type almost immediately.  I think the loop can cause damage.  I replaced it with the Vac3 Extension device from Autoextender.

This uses a suction cup on the glands to hold the penis extended and it is much more comfortable.  Make sure you use the anti-fluid tape with the suction cup so you don't get a blister on your glands.

You can search the web for the Vac3 extneder and should easily find it. I beleive they have a picture demonstration on the site to show how to use it.  The Vac3 is used to modify loop extenders and they sell their own extenders as well for those who haven't purchased one already.

Brokenbonie

I had that problem, I have a x4 labs, I switch to the memory foam donut and then had to shorten the rods 1/4" then its fine, but I should mention It came with the comfort attachment so the are two points off attaching I use a donut and a Velcro strap for that. you can buy that up grade. the night I got mine they were 60% off so I bought the up grade.

monekymindcontrol

Quack: I think you maybe get 4, and then you get 4 that a have a different shape with a flat bit if that's useful.

Comfort Kit - Andropenis Penis Extender and Enlarger

Yes it's a terrible deal, I just needed to quickly get something that would work and was not sure where to find such tubing (I would have wasted a bunch of time selecting the wrong thing and having to try again, since I would have bought tubing that was too small in diameter – I was surprised how difficult it is to push the silicone tubes through the holes, but this feature is necessary to make them stay in place).

If someone posts a link to a different source for functionally identical silicone tubes for cheaper that could save other people some money in the future.

MattFoley

Lucketts, sorry for the delay. I bought it on ebay but you can buy directly from the seller. I don't think we're allowed to post phone numbers and things for sale so please message me if you want more info.
Got Testosterone?