Manual Stretching

Previous topic - Next topic

Stabler

Hi guys,

Can someone please explain to me the types of manual stretching that should be done for a man with Peyronies. I have read posts where members say they are doing this but I don't know "what" it is or means. If you can post these exercises to the board great, if you would rather PM them to me that is fine too. I would also like to know how often they should be done and for how long each time.

Thanks for your help as always

Stabler67
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

kuaka

Basically, playing "traction device" with your hand.  It is easier to get a proper grip and to control where to concentrate the stretching, but more difficult to maintain for any length of time.  

Also, massage of the scar tissue to help break it down is part of the manual manipulation techniques.  The whole purpose is to reshape/stretch the plaque to the point where it no longer interferes with a usable erection.

"Jerking" is a bad idea, as it may stimulate additional scar tissue formation.  

Stabler

For a man with severe bends in the penis when erect, obiously the stretching is done while flacid but it seems to me that the stretching could cause an erection, should stretching be stopped if erection occurs during this process?

Stabler67
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

kuaka

it depends on how much pain is experienced during erection.  obviously it is difficult to stretch more when erect, as the erection itself will be applying "stretch".

Old Man

There is another stretching exercise that should be avoided at all costs! It is called jelqing and it puts a very severe strain on an already damaged penis.

There are posts all over the forum that state problems with jelqing. Since it is a very stressful exercise on ones penis, it should be understood that damage can and will be done with using that procedure.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Stabler

Yes I have read many posts on the jelqing, and do not really understand why some choose to do it. some have posted they thought it would help but it looks so brutal to the penis (IMO)

Stabler67

kuaka

Yes, Jelqing is bad.  The word is mix of Jerking and Milking, and it is "sold" as a penis enlargement "exercise".  It causes injury, and may even be a causing factor of PDS itself, as ANY perceived injury to the tunica is a potential causing factor.  That is what I meant by "jerking" in my previous post...a bad idea.  Steady stretching to reshape scar/plaque softened by Pentox or supplements only.

Stabler

Can/should stretching be done if you are NOT taking pentox yet? Is this something you can do without harm before you are able to see a Uro and get the Pentox started?

Stabler67

Old Man

Stabler67:

Manual stretching seems to work best while taking Pentox and any other ''softening'' or blood thinning supplements. It takes a bit of practice to use manual stretching without causing further damage.

There are posts on the main forum where members have related their belief was that their use of jelqing was/is attributed to causing their Peyronies Disease.

The above is just MHO about the subject. Others may have different theories.

Old Man  
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

NeoV

Manual stretching is the only thing that really worked well for me, and continues to. Supplements work for me too but in a different way.

I stretch my flaccid penis downward while sitting on the edge of a chair, left to right. Somehow stretching it gently down and to an angle works to reduce the deformity almost instantly. I have wrote about the technique I use before! I also benefit from the so called "fowfer" which is a silly name someone gave this stretch in the PE community (which I do not associate myself with). It involves pulling your penis gently under your butt. You can use a pillow and lie on your side to do this without hands.

WARNING: do these CAREFULLY and gently. Beware, as all manipulations of the penis can result in serious or permanent injury. DO NOT BEND OR STRETCH YOUR ERECT PENIS.

Pfract

You are a brave soul neov! I wouldn't do those no matter what!  

Jonbinspain

As Neo V says, be very careful,with any form of manual manipulation of the penis - such as stretching. And NEVER try to stretch an erect penis!..