Just started Magnesium Cloride.

Previous topic - Next topic

kuaka

Since it is within my meager budget, I figure why not?  I'll update if and/or when I see any changes.

Funny9097

PeetyPeet

What dose are you taking? Very interested to hear how things turn out.

Good luck!

kuaka

Think 400mg pills...not sure, not accessible at the moment.  Twice daily, but I forgot this morning.  Will take one after work and go back to morning and evening tomorrow.

I can't tell for sure, but it might already be helping.  I'll know in a week or two...and I'll share either way.

basebend

Is magnesium chloride the best choice simply because of the high absorption rate or is there something else to it?

kuaka

Unknown, but reports from Europe are encouraging.  Magnesium is a much neglected nutrient in the west.

Jopus

Magnesium is essential to muscle relaxation. I added magnesium malate to my daily stack, and honestly i think its been the most helpful supplement i've taken

PeetyPeet

I'm interested to know if magnesium has any anti-fibrotic qualities. Is the intention to break down calcified plaque? Or is it to break down fibrous tissue? Or both?

kuaka

Crooked_Stick

Lots of things can strip magesium from your system incuding excess exercise, alcohol. caffeine, carbonated drinks containing phosphate, calcium supplements, etc. I'm starting supplementation immediately.
Born 1960, Diagnosed 2013
Initial 40 degree bend, 1" loss, Xiaflex 3 rds of 2 injections
Current 25 degree bend, no palpable plaque, 1/4" loss
VED 5-6 days/week, traction daily,
TRT 20 ml twice weekly, Cialas 3 mg - No ED - Doing Well!

kuaka

Magnesium deficiency might just be a more important factor here than we know.  Please, all who are starting magnesium supplementation, update us if you notice improvement.  I'm hopeful.

krazylord

Hey guys,

Whats the difference between Magnesium citrate and magnesium cloride? I've seen the first recommended as a supplement.

kuaka

Not sure if the form of the magnesium is of particular significance as of yet.  If I get no apparent benefit out of magnesium chloride after a while, I may switch to magnesium citrate and see if it makes a difference.  In either case, I expect this to take a while.

blooming

This will be my first major posting about the search for my condition. Years ago I read a book by Linus Pauling which he claimed "disease is deficiency based" After reading the post on this forum about the Argentinian man and his results using magnesium chloride I started digging. I am also starting Magnesium chloride WITH proteolytic enzymes based on this article http://www.danreid.org/health-alerts-inflammation-systemic-stress-magnesium-chloride.asp (I hope I stay within the posting rules).

Raising the enzyme activity in our bodies with magnesium seems to have synergistic properties in reducing scarring within tissues. Here is a portion of the article.

"Then what normally happens is our bodies produce proteolytic enzymes which counteract the inflammation, and things return to normal. That's why a sprained ankle as a young child heals within a few weeks at most, but can take six weeks or more for an adult of say 45. The problem is, after around age 25, our production of these enzymes drops off almost completely so there is nothing to tell the body to stop the inflammation. These enzymes are also responsible for cleaning the blood, fighting off viral and bacterial infections and breaking down excess fibrin (scar tissue). Most if not all of these enzymes are mediated by magnesium meaning as magnesium levels drop off so do the activities of these crucial biological magnesium sensitive enzymes.

Enzymes break down scar tissue and fibrosis. Fibrosis is scar tissue that builds up in our bodies and over time creates some much restriction and strain on our organs that they can no longer function properly. Enzymes also clean the blood of excess fibrin that causes the blood to thicken, which sets us up for clots, which can cause heart attack or stroke. Enzymes also help take some of the strain off of the liver by keeping the blood clean and not allowing it to thicken beyond normal. Enzymes are very important in inflammation and enzymes bring us back to their fundamental supporter, which is magnesium.

Another article about the huge benefits for proteolytic enzymes is in this portion

Proteolytic enzymes or protease can be used, in part, to digest complete proteins that are in meat. Yet, outside of meals, they have been harnessed for a multitude of healing processes, sometimes exclusively and sometimes in conjunction with other therapies. When not used for digestion in the small intestines, these enzymes are free to roam through the blood stream seeking to break down hard protein, fibrin surfaces, scar tissue, granuloma, and even cancer cells' tough coatings. (1)

The link to the above portion is found here http://www.naturalnews.com/034899_proteolytic_enzymes_metabolism_digestion.html#ixzz3qYJsRIE9

Once again if I did not follow posting rules and need to redo something please let me know.

goodluck

Very interesting Blooming!

Thanks for sharing this.

Most people these days are deficient in Mg.   I was at a presentation a few years ago given by Paul Bergner who posted a slide showing how the average person's intake of Mg since the 1960's has dropped off dramatically.
This is due to modern farming practices.  Farmers don't replenish the soil with many minerals with Mg being one of the most deficient and neglected.  They are only concerned with growing stuff fast and yield.  Not nutritional content.

The problem with taking adequate oral magnesium is that it increase bowl transit time and many people will get the runs.  He recommended multi dosing with smaller amounts through the day vs. taking it all at once.

I know Mg Citrate is not as bad as some other forms in this regard as I take it myself.  But it still it has an affect.

Topical MgCl can be found in what is commonly called an oil and applied to the skin.  You do absorb it very well and there is no laxative effect.  You can get it quite inexpensively on Swanson.  I will say it does have a drying effect on the skin.  Great if done just at bed as it can help you sleep better.

However, I just wonder........ with MgCl  can you potentially create excess chloride in your body?  I don't know, this is just a thought/concern........ and if anyone can comment on this I would appreciate learning something new.
Goodluck

Freemason

Nah. Don't worry about too much Chloride...it's different.  MgCL is essentially a salt..if you are healthy no worries.  It's escreted just fine by your kidneys...unless you are in renal failure.  Just don't over do it.  Water in excess can kill you.

Gutted

Quote from: blooming on November 04, 2015, 02:39:21 PMI am also starting Magnesium chloride WITH proteolytic enzymes based on this article http://www.danreid.org/health-alerts-inflammation-systemic-stress-magnesium-chloride.asp (I hope I stay within the posting rules

Interesting point on Magnesium thanks Blooming

One thing I would say is, most enzymes are Proteins and therefore cannot survive the digestive process which is inherently designed to break Proteins down into their constituent parts - amino acids. Therefore, it is probably safe to say that, enzymes cannot be generally administered orally and subsequently absorbed in their active form to act systemically. So paying for an enzyme supplement in the expectation it will act systemically may not be cost effective. The supplemented Mg salt theory is interesting thanks. I'll certainly be looking into that myself as well

blooming

Thank you for the reply Gutted, I appreciate the heads up about enzymes and the digestive process. I am going to check this out. It seems the most potent enzyme would be "Serrapeptase" after reading this "Serrapeptase digests inflammations, scars (non-living tissue), blood clots, cysts, and arterial plaque and inflammation in all forms." from this link Serrapeptase Information

"Another good enzyme info source provides details on how to choose a proteolytic enzyme. Some, such as Serrapeptase need to be enteric coated to protect them from being damaged by stomach acids apart from meals."  comes from this site  Proteolytic enzymes: A miracle cure the medical monopoly is keeping from you - NaturalNews.com

Another post today from Quackattack Pharmacist Ben Fuchs on Peyronies - Peyronies Society Forums contains a link to a radio broadcast where the featured speaker states we need to attack the "tree and roots" rather than the "leaves of the tree". I stated in this or another post about a book I read from Linus Pauling where he states "Disease is deficiency based". I truly believe that statement.

So I will check more articles about the destruction of some/all enzymes in the digestive tract and post what I find. I do appreciate your info Gut and look forward to your future posts as well as other posters regarding Magnesium and enzyme supplementation as I think that has much validity.
Blooming

blooming

I checked the label for the enzyme supplement I am taking and it will survive the stomach acids.  "Seaprose is unlike serrapeptase, it is not affected by stomach acid so it does not require enteric coating. It is also much less upsetting to the stomach."

Thanks again to Gutted for the post.

Gutted

Quote from: kuaka on October 27, 2015, 02:59:56 PM
Think 400mg pills...not sure, not accessible at the moment.  Twice daily

So are you doing 400mg 2x/day ?

I found this :  The National Research Council of the USA reference intake for magnesium is 320mg/day for women and 420mg/day for men. The optimum daily intake recommended for women is 450-550mg/day, and for men 500-600mg/day

Since the Forum steer on this angle / supplement I've researched quite a bit and it appears Magnesium deficiency is viewed in medical circles as "very common" !!

Interestingly, I have some of the other symptoms of Mg deficiency which is therefore making me certain to add this to my regime. I have to say though, if you research Mg deficiency you will see the symptoms are a little generic and could be related to multiple causes really.

However, on balance, Mg supplementation looks like a no lose scenario but with plenty of possible upside.

The choices on how to supplement seem complicated and broad ranging. There's the various Mg salts route  (MgCl etc) and now there appears to be topical options (info is not suggesting localized action but as an improved / additional means of getting it into the body) using an oil .... time to carry on reading !

Thanks Kuaka for both your Posts to me on this subject

kuaka

Interesting development.  Ever since I was injured...back in 1981...I have not had a good urine stream.  I have only had a good controllable pee in a toilet while standing up stream briefly after being catheterized for surgery back in 1990.  Today, I noticed I can hit the toilet.  I've been on Magnesium Cl how long?  This is looking promising.

PeetyPeet

This blog article has just been posted in another part of the forum. Makes reference to penile fibrosis.

Calcium and Magnesium for Post-Finasteride Syndrome Recovery – Mr. Free T

The chap is trying to sell his own book but still......

Thoughts?

kuaka

Interesting.  Mentions calcium along with it.  The Magnesium Chloride pills I found at Walmart are actually a Magnesium/Calcium supplement.  If this is the primary "cure" for my case, I will be very happy.  I looked at the date I started this thread, and supplement, and it is only one month almost exactly and I'm see some positive results already.  Very promising.