My way to deal with penile pain

Previous topic - Next topic

herringchoker

I was diagnosed with peyronies after 8 months of extreme pain, stiffness, swelling, and redness on my penis. I went to 3 urologists, 1 dermatologist, and 1 neurologist. After 8 months of waffling and confusion, I did get the diagnosis of peyronies. But it is not the right diagnosis. If you have a general stiffening of the penis most of the time and a slight angle to the hang, with some or all of my symptoms I mentioned - that is not necessarily the beginning of peyronies. I just plain disagreed with the diagnosis on the basis of what I knew about genital diseases after much research. I took things into my own hands (my wife fought me for it), and continued my research.

My diagnosis, for what it's worth and I hope it helps someone of you out there, is that I have male genital dysaesthesia. It is a more common condition for women. BUT, men can get it, too. If the experts can't quite figure out what you have or keep changing diagnoses - or just can't answer your questions, you might be better off ignoring them altogether. No one knows what causes male genital dysaesthesia, but I know how to "cure" it. Look up dysaesthesia; it is a nerve malfunction. The nerve thinks it's in pain so it sends pain signals to the brain. the only problem is that the nerve is hallucinating. The definition of of the symptoms of this illness: a sensation of burning, heat, irritation, discomfort or increased sensitivity to touch of the penis, foreskin or scrotum. Some men with genital dysaesthesia also find wearing underpants or sitting down difficult. Symptoms may be very stressful and interrupt sexual function and/or sleep. The affected areas may appear redder than normal. Add what I stated as my own symptoms, above. You may have some, all. or more symptoms.

The "cure": pretend you have fibromyalgia, or you are depressed. Your goal is to get a prescription for duloxetine, brand name = Cymbalta, for at least 60 mg per day. Take the med 30mg before breakfast - food really slows it down, and before dinner. Try for 2-3 hours before you eat any amount. The single 30mg does might do the trick for the pain, swelling, redness, and stiffness. Probably not, though. So go onto the twice a day routine if you need to or just start there. You will feel sleepy for a few days as a side effect, but it goes away. You can go all the way up to 120mg per day if you need to. Pain killing of the med is dose dependent. Do not tell your doctor what you are really taking it for because he/she will probably go bat-crap. Subterfuge is much easier.

Now, for me, the pain went away on day 2 @ 60mg. BUT, not all of it. I can only call what remained very uncomfortable. For that residual pain take "Two Old Goats" Essential Oil Lotion and spread it all over your penis. It dries pretty quick and lasts about 5 -6 hours. It was originally formulated for fibromyalgia. An 80 year old lady in a health store was buying it and I asked her what it did for her pain and she said it was "magic. I wouldn't go quite that far, but it is good stuff. I don't know what it would do for penile pain all by itself with nothing else added for pain control. It does, however, take care of 100% of the residual penile pain of my so-called peyronies. It also loosens up the penis and lets it become flaccid instead of stiff. Redness goes away. Swelling goes away. I want to point out that the duloxetine alone still left my penis stiff, red swollen, and residually sore, but most of the pain was gone. This "magic" grease took these symptoms and POOF, they were gone in 3 or 4 days and I am 100% pain free when using it.

I know this is probably not the right place to post this to help men who are experiencing penile pain that the doctors can't figure out. if you can think of a better place to post it, please copy it and do so. I was also diagnosed with balanitis, posthitis, and balanoposthitis. Pass the info on. It works. I had extreme, disabling penile pain for 14 months until I finally figured this out. Rule #1: Do not believe your doctor knows any more than you do - he may well know less. Remember: the average IQ of the american doctor is 114. The average IQ of a Chinese person is 112. You're not dealing with geniuses in the MD field. I sincerely hope this method helps relieve the ungodly pain that I had, for someone.

kuaka

This is good information to have.  There are MANY issues and potential issues associated with the penis.  Peyronie's is only one, and the primary one addressed on this forum.  It is good to know about other things with "some" of the same symptoms though...especially for someone without a proper diagnosis.  PDS is only a proper diagnosis with plaque/scarring of the Tunica as far as I know.  I would like to know more about this "two old goats" stuff tough...

herringchoker

The 2 Old Goat stuff is on Amazon @ Amazon.com: Two Old Goats Essential Lotion for your Toughest Aches and Pains, 8 oz: Health & Personal Care  . I bought it first at a health food store. The price is the same. It has a lot of ingredients and I don't know how it works, but I have many other painful health problems and it does work. It isn't any cure-all, it's just another weapon in the pain fighting arsenal. Again, I use it as an adjunct. It works well with aspercreme, too for medium pain. For very strong localized pain I use 3 successive treatments of lidocaine on the exact spot of pain - this is for nerve pain - over-activted nerve endings.. Old Goat also seems to restore skin tone. Anyway, I hope it helps you.  

attheend of myrope

Sounds like my situation. 3 different urologists, 3 different dermatologists. Current urologist did Cystoscopy which revealed an enlarged prostate. I don't think that's the cause of my pain, and he doesn't either. I have a small irregular discolored skin patch at the tip. The Urologist wanted that biopsied before moving forward. The Dermatologist wanted me to have that done also. I had that done Monday (resisted that for a long time), it's healing,  I'm waiting for results. If nothing comes of this the Urologist suggests a nerve block. I'm thinking this could be Pudendal nerve entrapment? It also sounds like it could be genital dysaesthesia. I'm very frustrated and somewhat depressed so asking for Cymbalta for depression might not be out of the question. Thanks for the info herringchocker, your cure may be better or just as good as the doctor's.

Thisismyusername

These symptoms are actually close to mine.  The thing is I know I've physically damaged my penis and there is at least some scar tissue, because of geometric changes to the penis and the veinous leakage I've developed.  I think in my case diffuse scar tissue is making the nerves hypersensitive.  

If your penis is contracted and hard when flaccid it is likely related to pelvic muscle tension, which also can choke the pudental nerve and cause increase in sensitivity to pain.  For me pelvic physical therapy has helped some.

I tried Cymbalta but the medication was too intense for me.  30mg actually gave me a strong stimulant effect and kept me up late, and I hardly could eat anything.  I cut down to a very small dose but the smaller dose was still causing it to be almost impossible to eat anything, and also made me feel tired but stimulated at the same time.  

RichardRider01

If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions