Deep tissue massage to break up fibrosis

Previous topic - Next topic

Dared

Online, various people talk about using a deep tissue massage to break up internal fibrosis. Now I haven't seen anything about this regarding peyronies as most of these people are talking about fibrosis elsewhere in the body. For example one man claims eliminated painful fibrosis in his hand by implementing deep tissue massage. Thoughts...

PeetyPeet

I think I've read the same thing you have. To the best of my knowledge deep tissue fibrosis doesn't have calcified plaque like peyronie's so I'm not sure it would work. The penis is also more sensitive than the hand. I'd be concerned of causing new trauma or worsening my current condition.

Anyone with more experience have a thought?

NeoV

I would avoid it. I have read a lot about fibrosis and massage and while it may make some muscle aches go away, it does nothing to actually "break up" scar tissue. I believe some studies demonstrated that it wasn't physically even possible for this to happen, and it caused an uproar in the massage community.

If possibly, I am wrong, I still would avoid doing it on the penis. I tried it before and it made everything worse. Light massage to get the blood flowing is another story.

Ultimately I don't think we have a firm consensus on this, but those are my thoughts.

kuaka

I concur with previous opinions here.  In order to provide enough force in the "deep tissue" massage, the risk of damaging the Corpus tissues and other "weaker" tissues in the penis is great.  While a deep tissue massage can help a "muscle", a penis is a much more complex structure.

Dared

Interesting thoughts guys. I kind of figured it wouldn't work since it would be far too simple a solution for such an awful disease...