News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Catheters

Previous topic - Next topic

wallansaini

Hi Guys

I underwent spine surgery in mid February 2015 and when I woke up, found a catheter in my penis.
The next day, the ICU nurse removed the catheter rather swiftly, similar in action as when one starts a lawn mower.
I had my first nocturnal erection in mid June 2015.
I found the erection painful and the penis was bent.
I have since been diagnosed with Peyronies Disease by two urologists, neither one believes that there is a causal link with the catheter.
I believe that the sudden and swift removal of the catheter is the cause of my Peyronies Disease.
I do not believe that there is any urologist out there who is willing to link an improperly inserted/ removed catheter to Peyronies Disease.
I have since researched on the subject on-line and found numerous articles that state that an invasive procedure could cause injury/trauma that could lead to Peyronies Disease.

LWillisjr

The "sudden and swift" removal is a pretty standard hospital practice. Similar concept to taking a band-aid off quickly to minimize the discomfort.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Old Man

Hey Guys:

Having had many times using catheters I try my best to get the nurses, PAs and others who remove them to let me do that myself. Experience with the grip, pull hard and fast taking one out can and will damage if they don't reflate the retainer bulb in the bladder. Usually, they will let me "test drive" after they do the deflating. That way I know how much yanking to do.

Some medical personnel won't let me do that, but they do take care not to yank it out too fast.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.