Surgery completed

Previous topic - Next topic

jonkchicago

Had my curvature straightening and penile implant surgery with Dr. Laurence Levine in Chicago on Thursday, Sept. 24.  I still look a bit curved and a little off to the side but he told me he was able to get a straight erection.  Basically until now, I have just been resting in bed and sleeping a LOT.  Taking my Norco and antibiotic like a good patient.  I had to have a drain removed in the doctor's office (which was not working anyway so I had a lot of bleeding) on Friday and he thought it looked good.  Not too much swelling and tolerable pain.  Almost feel a bit guilty since I've read that most guys have very intense pain especially for the first few days.  

Still pretty tired but that comes from sleeping all the time.  Slept 12 hours when I got home.  Got up to go to the doctor's and was up for about 7 hours then basically aside from bathroom and light meals, slept from 4pm on Friday until 6pm on Saturday.

Just wanted to give a bit of an update since everyone on the board was so helpful and supportive.  This is a wonderful resource and everyone who contributes knows that they are making a huge difference to those anticipating and preparing for surgery.

Thanks again everyone.

jonkchicago

Stabler

Happy to hear surgery went well, rest is very important after surgery and following Dr instruction is crucial. Please keep us informed on your progress as you said this forum is a wonderful resource, you are now part of that resource group. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Hugs Mamma
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

jonkchicago

Day 5 of recovery.  Still have a bit of pain, basically when getting in and out of a sitting position and walking, but have not taken any pain meds today.  I was really very lucky.  I don't look too swollen, but I DO look bruised as hell.  When I came home from the hospital, the area where they shaved my pubic bush was that yellowish green color.  Yesterday, I noticed one part (like a small child's foot) had turned VERY bluish purple.  But to be expected.  

Thursday night (day of surgery), got released about 5ish and went to bed around 730.  slept pretty soundly until 8 next morning with Norco and pee breaks.  Friday had to see Dr. so was up and about and walking for about 6 hours.  Came back, went to bed at 4pm on Friday and slept through (with pee breaks and meds) til about 6pm. on Saturday.  Then could not sleep until Sunday night. Dr. had instructed me to basically sleep and rest flat for 3-4 days.   Yesterday, Monday, I was walking around my apt a bit.  Today, Tuesday, very tired.  

Don't forget I also had penile implant along with the curvature straightening.  I wish it looked straighter right now but hopefully it will in time.  If anyone has any questions, please post here or send me a private message.  I hope I'm providing some useful information.  Thanks.

jonkchicago

Pfract

Thanks for your output and hope you have a sound recovery. Most things I read about straitening with an ipp state that even the most severe cases of curvature are corrected, although you do loose some size. I hope that is not the case...

jonkchicago

Day 15 following surgery.  Basically the only discomfort I have right now is in the area where the leg and the groin meet (basically the curve in your groin area between your thighs and balls).  It feels "tight" basically in the leg bands of my briefs.  It's gotten a bit better, but I hope it isn't going to be this way all the time.  It probably is due to the fact that I had the implant.   I have searched my entire penis and cannot find any scars or incision marks, which makes me wonder how he straightened it, but there is an incision DIRECTLY beneath the penile shaft and one in my scrotum.  It LOOKS like something was done as the orientation (it used to face my right thigh when flaccid, now is turned 45 towards my groin) is different.  Probably all the really matters is what it looks like when I have an erection.  Speaking of erections, since the surgery ALL I can think about is sex or beating off and it is still AT LEAST two more weeks.  How did you guys do it?

Has anyone else had just an incision for the curvature correction (I have congenital chordee so no plaque) and or the "tight balls" syndrome.

I was very lucky regarding pain though I did follow his instructions, took my pain meds and basically laid in bed or on the couch for three days.

jonkchicago

I had my 4 week Post-Op last Thursday, Oct 22.  As I mentioned previously, was a little concerned as I can see no surgical evidence of correction.  I also had implant surgery (we will talk about that later) and when I was inflated I DID have a straight forward erection listing a bit to the right and a slight curve up at the end.  Previously when erect I went sideways to the right, down and curved inward a bit.  So it was an 80-90% improvement.  I still cannot get totally flaccid which bothers me but getting a bit closer.  Pre-surgery when I was flaccid the head of my cock faced my right thigh whereas most if not all you guys face forward (towards the zipper when dressed). I was hoping that Dr. Laurence A. Levine was going to fix that also.  I notice as the stiffness is going away, my cock is returning to its pre-surgery facing my right thigh orientation.  I am too tired and sore tonight (trying to "train" it downward into my briefs as the doctor's PA suggested) to inflate and see.  

I am trying to remain optimistic, but I am worried that more concern was placed on giving me an implant than correcting the curve.  And the implant is causing some discomfort on its own.  I feel like the end part of the left cylinder is not fully encased in the tissue (I can feel it against my penile skin).  My scrotum was stitched up small so inflating and deflating are a bit painful as my testicles get in the way.  

Just wanted to update.  I'm sorry I am not painting such a good picture of this but at this point, really wondering if I made a huge mistake.

Pfract

Based on what I am aware, the implant is used to correct curvature even in the most severe cases. With time and inflation, you can help to stretch the tissue to some extent, if you cycle it 15 minutes a day at least. But, you can and should register on FT since that is the place to go on implant information. Also, Dr Levine seems to be sort of reputable, so... Maybe you will have a successful outcome. By the way, were you happy with size post surgery?  

jonkchicago

I am posting on FT also ;).  I haven't cycled in two days as I did on Saturday and was inflated for nearly 24 hours.  I tried to "train" it to "soften" downward yesterday and got REALLY sore.  

At first glance, I was not happy with my size. But after keeping it inflated, it didn't look quite as small as I thought.  But to be honest, no I wish I had another 1/2 inch at least, so hoping the cycling will help a bit with that.

Pfract

But, is it something you had, and now you lost, in terms of size? Like, right after installing the implant? What did the doctor say about it?  

jonkchicago

I had already lost size from the Peyronie's.  And the way it angled, it was hard to tell.  I think I lost a bit, but not extreme.  I haven't seen my surgeon (and probably won't) since the recovery room.  He gave me paperwork after the consultation which informed me that l losing size was a possibility.  I am hoping that cycling will help a wee bit, but I have a Coloplast Titan and from what I have read it is the AMG/AMX? which will add some length.  Haven't tried sex yet, so that will be the defining factor.  

Pfract

From what I've read, isn't it the ams lgx you are referring to? Why won't you see doctor Levine again, if you don't mind me asking?  

jonkchicago

That doesn't seem to be the way he works.  I had my first post-op at 4 weeks with his PA.  Nothing scheduled now until the 6 month one in April.

Pisses me off a bit that it isn't perfectly str8.  After suffering with it for so many years (and the cost), I wanted one to be proud of.  

LWillisjr

Didn't you say it was 80-90% improvement?

I wouldn't be too quick to see how things will turn out. I didn't have exactly the same surgery as you. But it still took me a minimum of 4 months before I felt like I had recovered and things were stable.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

jonkchicago

Yes, it is 80-90% improved and I was able to use it the other day with minimal (though still some manual) moving it for penetration.  So envious of guys that just go in hands off direct and penetrate.

Was thinking of using light traction when inflated to correct, but read on here that traction on an erect penis is bad, so will NOT try that.

Pfract

While i understand your frustration, I will tell you to remember yourself that there are guys out there that wish they could have your luck right now. As for traction, only if you are crazy. Just think if the rods move inside your penis and you need surgery again,  because you get a floppy glans? Imagine the problem?

jonkchicago

What is a floppy glans?  And I will admit, that at times it looks straighter than others, though not perfect.  If I wasn't still having pain in my scrotum, I probably would be happier with the result.  At times it feels like the part with the deflation button is scraping the insides of my scrotum and gets VERY painful.  The other day, I managed to move it slightly and also the tubing which seemed to help greatly for nearly three days.  So perhaps mine turns more than other guys and I will have to be vigilant about it.

While most men in the flaccid state have a penis which faces forward so to speak (the head faces the zipper), mine faces my right thigh.  I think since he didn't change that through surgery, I am having a few more problems with the implant cylinders and tubing causing pain.  The left cylinder feels at times like it could poke through the skin and does not feel covered by soft tissue like the right side.