Important Update

Previous topic - Next topic

Ketric

So, it's been a while since I've posted but first and foremost I must say that this site gave me more hope and solid theories and ideas than the 5, yes I said it, 5 Urologist I've seen over the past year. All I heard was...nothing you can do, just give it time, there's really no hope for a cure...seriously that's what most told me!
Just to give you all a bit of background, I was originally diagnosed back around April of last year but did feel slight indications (paid during sex etc.) creeping up several months before I was officially diagnosed. On my "guy" pre-condition, he was about 7" erect and straight as an arrow. Well, when things were at their worst...about 8 months ago, I had estimated that I had about a 35-34 curve up, slight curve to the right and had lost approximately 2 inches in length...yeah, it was pretty bad. I had felt hardness on the dorsal from shaft to gland and some on the left side but never got a ultrasound to confirm the true extent of the possible plaque. I was in a horrible place mentally but again, the ONLY thing that got me through my toughest times was all of you! :)
Well, here's my important update: I'm nearly straight and have gained back nearly a full inch in length. I still have a bit of a curve up, maybe 10-15 degrees and do have a bit of hourglassing but honestly the improvement I've seen in the last 6 months has given me sooo much hope. So, what have I been doing you ask? Well, here's my regiment for the last 6 months:
An hour of traction at night and an hour in the morning...so 2 hours a day of traction (I generally take the weekends off). I also use the VED device right after traction each time...15 minutes per session using the techniques recommended on this site: 5 minutes at 15% erect, 5 minutes at 20% erect and then 5 minutes at 30% erect (I think that's what was recommended but I may be off some percentages...double check the site to make sure). Although, near then end I may take it up to 50% on occasion for the last 5 minutes if I'm feeling good. My theory is the traction is not allowing calcification to occur so things are still malleable...essentially a workout for my dick. Then, I used the VED to pull blood in and oxygenate. I must also add that I did get the PRP shots back in April...not sure if it truly helped but since then (may be a coincidence) things have definitely improved. I also take vitamin D, vitamin E and L arginine daily.
What I've realized that our condition is also a state of mind...I was in a very dark place and truly believe in mind over matter. After I changed my thought process from "poor me" to "F~@< the urologist, I'll prove them wrong" along with my new routine...things really began to evolve.
I recently re-kindled a  relationship with an ex-girlfriend and honest to god, my dick has been a rock star. I'm instantly hard when she touches me and it stays that way. And, I must say that I stay harder than when I did before this crappy  disease took hold of me. Is my dick the same as when I was 18? No, but I no longer think of my condition 24 hours a day....in fact I rarely think about it at all.
I've always worked out and tried to stay physical fit. So, maybe we need to do the same with our dicks. I remember reading somewhere that perhaps VED, even after improvement, should be used for the rest of our lives. I mean, look at Old Man...he's in his 80's, swears by VED and has said he's straight as an arrow. So, now exercising my dick is just part of my daily routine (again, except for weekends ;))
One other note...I had mentioned that I hadn't had an ultrasound prior to my PRP shot...well, I did have an ultrasound (in early June I believe) and they couldn't find any calcification at all...again, perhaps coincidence but who knows!
I'm writing all of this because I feel a sense of obligation to you all...I guess it would be easy to just keep moving on with my life and not have posted this but again, this site and all of you are the reason that I'm getting better so I wanted you all to know that success is possible!

Stabler

Ketric,

I am so glad for you it is great to have a post like this in the forum, I read so many that are like you state you were in the beginning I hope that they come in and read this update so they can be filled with hope from your success story, thank you for sharing it with us :)

Hugs Mamma
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

Old Man

Ketric:

Thanks for the comment relating to my VED therapy. It is really not mine, just that I have used it for many years now. However, it is not a daily routine anymore, just every so often to keep the old tool in good healthy shape! It is more like a maintenance routine than a therapy though.

I learned about the VED therapy in 1995 when I had my radical prostatectomy.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Jonbinspain

I think the difference here may well be the lack of calcification. I do have calcification, and after trying traction for a year - admittedly 4 hrs per day max - I saw virtually no improvement.

Before this damn affliction hit, I was 6.5"" erect and also straight as an arrow. I'm currently on a VED regime, using it 2-3 times a day. I've started using the small cylinder, which is a pretty tight fit once I'm erect, but it holds my dick perfectly straight. Maybe it's my imagination, but I think I'm starting to get some small improvement in the curvature. It's currently around 30 degrees.

I'd agree with Ketric re penile health. Since using VED I'm erect instantly, if aroused. It certainly seems to have helped in that aspect.  

Old Man

Jon:

Glad that you are able to use the small cylinder. It is specifically designed to hold ones penile shaft in a very confined space and straight hence the tight fit.

Just keep up the protocol and you should see at least some improvement soon. However, remember that VED therapy is one for the long haul, not an overnight or one night stand so to speak.

Regards, Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

LWillisjr

artguy posted his improvement pictures here.

Artguy,
I very much appreciate you posting your before and after photos. But I moved them to the appropriate board of the forum where we post all pictures.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Pey-penis

I think that VED is better than stretching because stretching scar stretches in one direction and does not result in increased inflow of blood and VED stretches in 3D and causes blood flow into which is very beneficial.

Steveo

Quote from: Pey-penis on January 28, 2016, 06:38:46 AM
I think that VED is better than stretching because stretching scar stretches in one direction and does not result in increased inflow of blood and VED stretches in 3D and causes blood flow into which is very beneficial.

I can't argue with that. The one major benefit to traction IMHO is that it can be stretched for hours at a time whereas I don't think anybody recommends pumping for hours each day.

Traction, again IMHO, is best to treat the shortening and curvature associated with peyronies. The lack of traction bringing much extra blood into the penis is a good point, however.  And traction is absolutely worthless, once again IMHO, for dents/hourglassing.

Pey-penis

Quote from: Jonbinspain on August 13, 2015, 03:01:41 AM
I think the difference here may well be the lack of calcification. I do have calcification, and after trying traction for a year - admittedly 4 hrs per day max - I saw virtually no improvement.
You should first of all get rid of calcification with the help of iontophoresis with acetic acid, then soften the scar and stretch using VED or traction. That's my opinion.

FriskyDingo

If you have calcification, I highly recommend research Vitamin K2. Its main role in the body to direct calcium into the bone structure and away from soft tissue. I don't have the links handy atm (and I need to go to work soon), but there are studies showing that high dosage of K2 can take calcium out of soft tissue. If K2 is not part of your regimen, I would highly recommend it, especially if you are taking D3. I wont go into full detail now, but in short K2 balances the effects of D3.

Ketric, this is a VERY motivating thread. I have been contemplating doing the VED protocol for quite some time. After reading this, I am going to start next week. I unfortunately dont have time to do both VED and traction due to my work schedule and all the other therapies that I do. I will report my findings once I start VED. Thank you so much for this post.

BTW, does anyone have any evidence for VED being effective for Corpus Cavernosum fibrosis. I dont have peyronie's like most people seem to have it on this forum. Rather than a plaque in the tunica, I have scarring in my left Cavernosum without any tunica plaque.

basebend

Frisky, what are the high doses recommended for the beneficial effect? I take 100mcg per day but am curious how much more I could take.

FriskyDingo

basedbend,

I take 600mcg in the form of 500mcg mk-4 and 100mcg mk-7. Im sure there will be a beneficial effect at 100mcg, especially if there is little to no K2 in the diet. There is a health newsletter that I am subscribed to and I do trust his suggestions. The author suggested that, according to the studies he looked into (which he listed and linked to), that one should take about 100mcg of K2 per 1000IU of D3 to balance the effects of Vitamin D.

If it matters, I had an ultrasound done recently. The results show perfect lower extremity arterial health and same with my penis. Now this does not disprove any calcification in any of my soft tissue, but it shows that something (and it could be a great combination of things), is working in my diet. Im guessing its mostly (IMO) perfect diet and the help of K2.

PeetyPeet

Quote from: FriskyDingo on February 03, 2016, 04:15:59 PM
BTW, does anyone have any evidence for VED being effective for Corpus Cavernosum fibrosis. I dont have peyronie's like most people seem to have it on this forum. Rather than a plaque in the tunica, I have scarring in my left Cavernosum without any tunica plaque.

Hi FriskyDingo, I also have fibrosis of the corpus caversum, rather than a plaque in the tunica. In theory I think VED could be effective, as it should help oxygenate the corpus cavernosum while also increasing flexibility by stretching in 3D. Certainly, the VED protocol mentions corporal fibrosis. In terms of evidence.....I haven't been using VED for too long, just a few months. I saw some mild improvement over the Xmas period, and then had somewhat of a relapse during Jan and Feb. These are roughly timed with my using VED regularly and not so regularly, respectively. Hoping to start using VED regularly again and I'll report on any improvements.

May I ask by what test was your scarring detected? E.g. Ultrasound? Penile MRI?

Best

Peety

FriskyDingo

Peety:

My test was confirmed with MRI. The first one had showed to calcification, but this was over 2 years ago now. I will get my results from my most recent one in the next week or so.

I recently ordered my VED and it should be arriving tomorrow or the day after. My condition has been improving a lot lately, and I'm hoping using the VED as per protocol will show more improvement.