New to the forum

Previous topic - Next topic

LilyElizabeth

Hello,

I'm looking for advice on how to support my partner, and myself through this. He's only just been diagnosed, although has been suffering with pain since before I met him. I'm in my early 30s, he's in his early 40s.  We've been together for a little over 18 months. He has incredible strength of character, typical alpha male, and tries to not let anything get him down - I think the reality hasn't sunk in.

My fears are all the usual ones, and I worry about him pushing me away. I would love some advice on what's worked with supporting a partner with this. I'm good at talking about 'feelings' - he can be a little prickly at times.

Thank you

LWillisjr

LilyElizabeth,
I will straightaway grant you access to the "Ladies Only" forum. It will appear on the home page for you.

Being supportive is the first huge step. This isn't a good analogy but is the only one I can come up with. Think about how you would want to be approached if you had a breast issue. Just as this gives some bit of "being a female", our penis help give us definition of being male. We don't want anything to happen to it and fear our wives won't accept us if it "is broken".

The point also is that there are things that can be done. There is no sure single cure. But there are things that can be tried and he will need your support through this.

I will grant access to the Ladies Only forum but sadly there is not much activity there. Try sending a PM to member "Christine" as well.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

LWillisjr

My History

HFB

Please add me to the private ladies forum as well.

LWillisjr

My History