VED + Hyperthermia

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveo

Posted this elsewhere.. I'm going to be experimenting with using a hot water bottle at 40-45 C placed on the scar area before and after my VED sessions.  This temperature has been shown to degrade collagen strength and increase the amount of elastin produced in the heated area (see my other post for citation).  

I was using a cheap one-chamber (2-inch diameter) VED for awhile before realizing the importance of the small (1.5") cylinder.  Therefore I've modified my VED with a smaller cylinder and am restarting therapy with it.  

I believe the small cylinder is really the key to success with VED.  At first, I just thought the VED was there to get blood-flow into the penis.  However, in my case (since there's no ED associated with my peyronie's), the VED's main purpose is to stretch the scar area, and that can only be done with the penis being held straight, in the confines of the small cylinder, while being "inflated."

I'm hoping that pre-session hyperthermia will "soften" the plaque, the VED session will then stretch and slightly break down the scar tissues, and the reapplication of heat after the VED session will encourage the production of elastin as the scar area is remodeled.

Baldeagle

Interesting experiment, let us know how it turnes out.

I just started the 26 week protocol for the 3 cylinder VED.   Before attaining the 3 cylinder used a larger one cylinder for a few weeks.  Noticed the erection created by even the large cylinder was much straighter than my natural erections?

Head Up

You could also try using a hand warmer since those get pretty darn hot. A little hotter than 45 C but definitely tolerable.

NeoV

Makes sense to me. I always thought hypothermia helped traction and VED. Let us know how the small cylinder goes! I wonder if that would help me with edema since it wouldn't really allow any lymph fluid in.

Head Up, the easiest option for heat is a rice sock! Just put uncooked rice in an un-used sock and tie the end, put it in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute.

Old Man

Steveo:

Thank you for pointing out the importance of using the smaller cylinders with VED therapy. I have tried to stress this for many years now by using the purchased VEDs or the ones members have made from their own designs.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Head Up

@ NeoV-

Rice sock?!? You need to come back to the states man:)

NeoV

Actually I used the rice sock for a long long time in the US ; ) still no better option as far as I'm concerned.

Old Man

Head Up:

Be careful about the rice heated sock/pillow being used for therapy. I know many folks in the States that use it as heat therapy. Just a short time in the microwave to a medium heat level makes a very good heat therapy device. The rice holds the heat well and therefore it lasts a long time in use.

My wife uses one around her neck when she has a tight feeling. She is a professional piano instructor at a local university. So, she spends many hours at the keyboard either teaching students or playing accompaniments for them.

So, she gets a tight feeling quite often and then applies the heated rice pillow to relieve the tension.

Old Man  
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.