Ice as anti-inflamatory

Previous topic - Next topic

Azimute

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone here has thought, considered or maybe given a go to treating the Inflamation with Ice.

I am taking my "cocktail" with Arginine, L Carnitine, Q10, Magnesium and also chewing ginger through the day ( ginger has anti-inflamatory properties as well ). But today I have thought why not apply some ice, as most of us might have done to help with a sore knee, harmstring, shoulder...

I didna little session of 10 min today and would like to know of experiences and thoughts.
To avoid burning I have wrapped a little ice on some fabric.

Thank you for your feedback

NeoV

I used ice many times to no effect. It was very frustrating to have ice out all the time, only to have the discomfort and pain continue after. I had more benefits from heat. That being said, ice makes some sense, and I believe some urologists, for better or for worse, send men home with mild penile injuries with an order to ice it.

emasculated

I have not used ICE per say, but cooling certainly helps me.
Heat, like in the shower or even worse bathing, makes pain much worse. I have no explanation why most here seem to react positively to heat, while for me it makes things infinitely worse.

"Without health life is not life; it is only a state of languor and suffering - an image of death."