Xiaflex and plaque

Previous topic - Next topic

blackdiamond

I'm sure there is someone out there who can answer this question..........After the injections of Xiaflex and the breaking up of the plaque where does it go ?   Does the plaque dissolve and go into the blood stream ? Does it break up and travel in the blood stream ? If that's true, then can't it end up causing heart attack or stroke ? It's something I have been thinking about and maybe someone posted this but I haven't seen it ........Thanks for any answers.
62 years old
Onset approx 2012
Treatment-- Xiaflex,VED,Manual stretching, Traction
Started with 75 Degree bend and after all treatment
went to 15 degrees........My Doc was impressed

Ive

As I understand it, Xiaflex does not 'break' up the plaque as such.

It 'softens' the plaque so that it can be modelled into a position that does not cause so much of a bend. Having said that people have experienced cracking noises (usually during remodelling) where portions of plaque split from each other, but they don't go anywhere.

Unfortunately, you will never be able to replace the plaque that is there now with anything if it just broke up and drifted off. This is actually a good thing because if it did it would just leave a void (as it were) in your penis.

The only way to remove plaque completely is by operation. Unfortunately because of the above, surgeons will also need to 'balance' the loss on the other side resulting in a reduction of length.

blackdiamond

Thanks Ive, that makes sense.
62 years old
Onset approx 2012
Treatment-- Xiaflex,VED,Manual stretching, Traction
Started with 75 Degree bend and after all treatment
went to 15 degrees........My Doc was impressed