Tunigal Elasticity and ED improvement with Xiaflex and Traction / VED

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothko

Greetings gentlemen.
I am about to start Xiaflex injections in two weeks.  I feel very lucky to have this opportunity.  I have been doing Traction for approx. 6 months about 4 to 6 hours per day since shortly after diagnosed.  I have seen little results in terms of shape, but may have gained back some length (which is a good thing).  I probably lost about an inch initially.

Since embarking on traction, I have noticed that the scarring has seemed to have stretched out the Tuniga, as visible while in a flaccid state.  It may be thinner, but it does seem to have spread out some at the dorsal base. While I don't have severe bending, I do present with ugly tapering and deformity throughout the whole member (kind of like a cobra S shape) when erect.

My question is this:  Can the Xiaflex, with modeling (traction and / or VED) restore some of the elasticity of damaged Tunigal soft muscle tissue?  I've read a couple of posts with different responses.  I know that I will never return to my original state.  I ask this, as I am having significant ED problems (which started and progressed about 10 months prior to seeing any actual deformity).  Thus, I do see the ED as a manifestation of the Peyronies Disease.  My MD states there is nothing wrong with my vascular flow or venous leak (as per US and Doppler).  While there may be some psychogenic issues (I have had depression based ED twice before in my life), I truly believe that the structural damage to the Tuniga is partially responsible for the progressing ED, and hope that the Xiaflex plus modeling will restore some functional issues related to structural Tunigal cellular damage in addition to the deformity.

Does anyone out there, who has had Xiaflex know what I'm getting at?  It seems that, during trials, men with ED were eliminated, so there seems to be no real data on the effects of Xiaflex with modeling on ED and Tunigal elasticity.  Any emperical evidence would be greatly appreciated.

Knight

I don't know if Xiaflex will make the Tuniga more elastic, but it is designed to make the plaque spongy and more elastic if only for a short period of time. I think the goal is to reshape the scar tissue while the Xiaflex has it in an altered softer state. Some guys are noticing positive improvements with their denting but I have not to this point. I think some guys have mentioned improved erections as well but thankfully getting hard has not been an issue for me yet.

I just completed round 2 two weeks ago.

Good luck and please keep us posted on your experience and results!

Rothko

Knight,
Yes, I am in the unlucky 20-30% of men with Peyronies Disease who have accompanying ED issues.  My plaque is large on the dorsal lower shaft, and may be very well responsible for the ED.  I am very depressed in developing the Peyronies Disease with the ED issues, and desperately hope the Xiaflex treatment brings some help to both.  I functioned quite well just prior to about a year and a half ago, when the symptoms started.  I had no way of knowing the ED that was starting was related to upcoming Peyronies Disease.  In fact, I had never even heard of Peyronies Disease, and was under the thinking that the ED was a function of anti depressants.  Once the pain and curvature started, I knew I was in new unchartered territory.  I have been in turmoil for a very long time now, and hope to get some peace of mind back.  Wishing you luck on your next round.  Thanks for responding.

PS:  Does the 'remodeling' of the plaque mean more elastic tissue as a result?

Knight

i don't know that the plaque remains more elastic after Xiaflex has Run its course. The way I understand it is the plaque becomes more pliable while under attack from the Xiaflex and modeling and stretching re shapes the tissues. We may gain more elasticity in the surrounding tissue simply due to all the stretching. These are assumptions based on what I think I have learned thus far.

Try not to let this control your life. Let's face it, all of us with Peyronies have a form of ED. We may all have varying degrees of issues associated with the condition but none of us have healthy normal erections anymore. We must remain positive and fight on. You are not alone. Never forget that.

We can beat this!

Good luck!