snri ssri and peyronies easily bruising

Previous topic - Next topic

rumbleindajungle

Ive recently started taking effexor, for depression and mood. One of the side effecTs states that easily bruising or bleeding may occur. Now does this mean the penis will be more susceptible to damage like swelling or possible worsening my scar tissue, i think i might bring up a good point i know not all people get this but it might be happening to me. Any input much appreciated  

welshwales

Im afraid i can't advise on the bruising aspect, but it is not listed as a terribly common side effect so I wouldn't worry over much about it. But SSRIs are not generally considered to be very good for penile health as they often lower libido and cause erectile dysfunction. For that reason alone I personally would avoid that family of antidepressants. There are alternatives which are less likely to cause these side effects, such as MAO inhibitors like mirtazepine (which I found actually increased my libido).

Marek

Hi, i am taking bupropione as antidepressant almost 6 months and there´s no affect to my libido or errection. (if there´s some affect, than only positive  :) ) SSRIs are usually an erection-killer for many of depression sufferers