Doctors (new to forum)

Previous topic - Next topic

ghost

I just joined this forum tonight. I was diagnosed with Peyronies a little over a year ago. I am looking for a urologist who is excellent in this field. I live in the East Tennessee area and I went to Dr. Kim at UT in Knoxville, Tn because I was told he was a Peyronies expert. I went through 24 weeks (every other week) of verapamil injections with him. My condition only worsened. After reading a lot of sites about treatment & proper diagnosis, I feel that I was never even properly evaluated...There was never an ultrasound or anything like that, the doc never saw my penis while erect or even asked to see a picture of it, etc. He was also hard to talk to & was always in a rush to leave the office as many docs seem to be these days. When I was first diagnosed with this, I was devastated as I'm sure most people are. I had already been through a lot from a medical standpoint. This news was VERY heavy & he made me feel like a number with no feelings. My question is this: Does anyone know of a great Peyronies doctor in my general area (I'd travel a little for such a person) or does that even exist? I don't want to give up on this, but I feel close to that point. I'm sure that Peyronies affects a lot of marriages in a big way & mine is no exception. ....................I hope that wasn't too many words for one question. Thanks in advance.  

Jonbinspain

I'm sure this will be moved to introduce yourself.

If you look under the appropriate section, you wil find the most highly thought of peyronies experts in your general area.

It always pisses me off when I hear stories of medical professionals treating this disease lightly. I would love to see their response if it were their dick that was bent and painful.

Yes, you need an ultrasound to determine the extent of the plaque - whether there is calcification, etc. in the meantime, read all you can on this site. There is a wealth of accumulated knowledge regarding this affliction on this site. More than you will,find anywhere else.

I have no experience re Verapamil, so cannot comment.  

LWillisjr

Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

ghost

Thank you so much for the suggestion. I wanted to go to Vanderbilt in the first place simply because it is rated the #1 hospital in the state, but UT is so much closer for me. I'll definitely look into this guy. And I found your history to be very encouraging. Thank you for that, too.

ghost

Yeah, I realized shortly after posting this that I put it in the wrong place, but didn't know how to move or delete it. Thank you for your reply and I couldn't agree more about the docs who take this lightly...I've said the very same thing about the guy I was going to. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but the "professionals" who do this deserve to know what it's like.

This does seem like a great forum to be on. My wife actually found it. I'm glad she did.