peyronies from inflammation - can it be reversed?

Previous topic - Next topic

drew67

If my peyronies was cause by inflammation, what are the chances that CoQ10 and pentox can reverse the curve?  I've had this for 10 years but am just now starting treatment.

NeoV

What do you mean caused by inflammation? Do you mean as opposed to injury? I think many of us are like you, in that no single injury caused the disease. Much like Dupuytren's, the disease is progressive caused by micro trauma and a faulty inflammatory response involving transforming growth factor beta.

While nobody can give you a definitive answer, I'm pretty sure that scientifically speaking improvement must be possible even at 10 years in. And hell, even if your chances for improvement were 1%, wouldn't you give everything and anything to risk it and take the dive into full force commitment against it?

If you drink alcohol, quit entirely as I have, or massively cut down (it raises TGF-beta), take pentox and CoQ10 and any other supplements and try both traction and VED. Commitment is really key, on a psychological level as well. You can do this!

skunkworks

Quote from: NeoV on November 11, 2014, 10:38:40 PMIf you drink alcohol, quit entirely as I have, or massively cut down (it raises TGF-beta)

Very useful bit of info, thanks NeoV.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

drew67

It was cause by a surge of inflammation brought on by a very traumatic emotional event which lead to various autoimmune diseases - crohns, sporiasis, dermatitis, and peyronies.  My peyronies was not caused by injury and I;ve never experienced pain on my penis.  

Traction and VED make me very nervous as I am concerned that I would make things worse having read bad experiences on this forum.  I have started CoQ10 (300mg in the morning) and will be starting pentox tomorrow.  

I have also started a lectin elimination diet to eliminate all inflammation in my body.

NeoV

Alcohol absolutely raises TGF-β, the fibrogenic cytokine behind Peyronie's, liver cirrhosis, and Dupuytren's etc.

A massive study of over 10,000 recently concluded that alcoholism was a factor in causing Dupuytren's. (though we already knew this)
Association among work exposure, alcohol intake, smoking and Dupuyt... - PubMed - NCBI

Why oh why, do we not associate Peyronie's with alcoholism or alcohol consumption? Stigma and social bias. The same reason that, we can conclude that repetitive strain on the hand causes Dupyutren's but lots of sex or masturbation will never reach the headlines as a cause of Peyronie's.

Definitely radically altering your diet will be important if you have crohn's and other immune issues. I find that if I drink alcohol to the point of feeling a bit drunk, the next day my hands burn red, my joints hurt, and my penis bends worse. I have quit entirely, except for perhaps a glass or taste of red wine on a VERY special occasion.