Loss of length from Plication Surgery?

Previous topic - Next topic

peyroniessucks77

Hey guys, I had Penile Plication surgery in July of this year and lost a little more then a 1/2" of length from surgery. I was just curious for others who have had it if you lost length and how much? I can't afford to lose anymore length. lol Thanks for your input.

Norm

I, too, had a form of Plication surgery. With plication you have to expect some loss of length because they are shortening the long side of the curve to match the short side. The definition of plication is "to gather", and that is what they do. They gather and cinch up the long side. How much, is determined by how much curve you had. In my case it was at least 1/2" loss, maybe more. But I consider that I had already lost that length to the Peyronies Disease. The surgery just brought me back straight again with what I had left to work with. None of us likes this fact, but it was a worthwhile trade in my opinion. Straight and 1/2" shorter is better than left alone with an 80 degree curve. Don't be disheartened. You'll forget that 1/2" in no time.
Norm
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

LWillisjr

Norm is absolutely correct, and the more curve one has the more loss is expected.

From those that have shared on the forum, 1/2 is pretty typical. If you are straight, can get an erection, and able to climax.....  enjoy.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

WestCoast

Half an inch sounds about right. That's smack dab in the middle of the reported range from at least one larger study (0.5-1.5cm, among the 41% that reported length loss): http://williamsurology.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/lue16dot2002.119141402.pdf

I bet it also depends on how you measure (i.e., stretched vs. erect length) and which plication technique you undergo. But, in any case,

Quote from: Norm on November 10, 2014, 03:41:39 PM
Straight and 1/2" shorter is better than left alone with an 80 degree curve.

(Amen!)

crookedjohn

I  am 6 weeks out of surgery.  I am down to  4 inches from a little over 6 inches. It was not plication surgery. It was Incision and grafting. I  think this is not the norm.  
Age 64, Incision and grafting surgery 11/6/2017 for rapid onset 90 degree dorsal curve as a result of injury during sexual intercourse.

TonySa

Are you following surgery w traction, it seems that can assist in regaining some of the loss over time.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Jonbinspain

Crookedjohn;

Did they not advise you to begin with gentle manual stretching followed by traction?

The grafted tissue needs to be stretched or it can retract.  

TonySa

Anyone recall a post that referenced the anticipated loss in length based on the degree of curvature?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.