Provider Puts Treatment "on hold"

Previous topic - Next topic

bentinMI

I was just about to begin Xiaflex treatments and have been waiting 3 months for what I thought was "the approval process" and just received a message from this major institution that Xiaflex Treatments were being "put on hold". No Explanation. Has anyone else experienced this?

jsli

bentinMI

The institution that put Xiaflex treatments on hold is the University of Michigan Hospital.  

David melton

Yes same for me. But I was going to cancel anyway as no improvement after 3 rounds.

skunkworks

Well that is very odd, did they say why? Was it a funding issue or something to do with the treatment itself?

It is definitely curious to hear xiaflex treatments put on hold just after Auxillium will have presented their data at the 20th Annual Fall Scientific Meeting of the Sexual Medicine Society of North America (SMSNA) held in Miami from November 20-23, 2014 -  Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to Present XIAFLEX and STENDRA Data at SMSNA Scientific Meeting - Press Release - Digital Journal
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

RoyHobbs

My doctor is still doing the treatments so this has to be a facility issue. And my guess is it's tied to insurance.