Anyone have experience using CoQ10/Ubiquinol in the chronic stage of peyronies?

Previous topic - Next topic

basebend

Everything I've read seems to indicate that coq10/ubiquinol is only beneficial in the "chronic early" stages of peyronies as opposed to the chronic/calcified stage. This is the only study I know of that mentions coq10 is this one and al the participants were in the early chronic stage -

Safety and efficacy of coenzyme Q10 ... [Int J Impot Res. 2010 Sep-Oct] - PubMed - NCBI

Has anyone had any success taking any form of coq10 in the chronic stage?

mamypokojum

This is very good I think. I feel that I'm really good at is knowledge.

Knight

I couldn't tell you what "stage" I was in, but I can tell you I spent a good bit of money on this stuff and it didn't do anything for me. Personally I don't believe there is a pill or supplement on the face of our planet that dissolves or eliminates scar tissue and when you break it down to its simplest terms that's what we have.

I think there is hope, but not so much with these supplements.

Good luck!

Jonbinspain

I think the conundrum is that if we most of us are taking many other supplements, as well as Ubiquinol. If we experience any improvement, it's very difficult to know where that improvement stems from.

If I had to use a hunch, I'd say that, for Peyronies, ALC has been the most effective for me. My plaque has definitely shrunk, so something has happened. What? I really can't be sure.

Having said this, Ubiquinol is a very useful supplement for your overall health. Especially if you're of a more advanced age - I'm 65.  

NeoV

Keep in mind that studies on Peyronie's any ANY oral treatment are extremely scarse. This means that we should follow the studies that do exist, and in the case of CoQ10 and ALC these studies are very impressive.

I just ordered ALC, 3 bottles and it's my first time really trying it, hope it helps but again I basically can't see why I would not take it!

dplookin

NeoV...........I just finished 3 bottles of ALC, and it hasn't done anything for me.  No oral treatment has helped at all.  I spent a lot of money on different oral substances and have not received any improvement.........Not sure if anything really helps.  People may be getting better who take Oral substances just because they were going to get better anyway.  Just FYI and my disappointment attitude towards this problem.  dplookin

Jonbinspain

Re ALC. I take it in powder form. It's far cheaper and easily dissolvable in water. What I but is also pharma grade.

I take about 4-5 grams per day.  

NeoV

Dplookin I'm sorry to hear that, if you read the independent study on CoQ10 I think you'd be hard pressed not to take it, even if you were worsening. I've spent a lot on supplements too, the only thing I haven't taken for long is pentox but I'm starting to consider it due to some reason inflammation. The recent inflammation very well be from me stopping my supplements however.

skunkworks

Hey dplookin, could you maybe start a thread titled something like 'dplookin - not having any success' ?

Might be helpful to get ideas from the whole forum about what might be causing you to have no results, and ideas on what might be a good idea to try next.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

user of no names

I have taken pentox for a long time and added ubiquinol a few years ago and they seem to work better together.  The combo helps to keep pain down, my flaccid state hanging more, and keep erections fuller without it feeling constricted. I take 2-3 pentox a day with 2-3 100 mg ubiquinol and add more depending on the condition of the peyronies at that time.  

goodluck

Quote from: Jonbinspain on November 10, 2014, 02:26:21 PM
Re ALC. I take it in powder form. It's far cheaper and easily dissolvable in water. What I but is also pharma grade.

I take about 4-5 grams per day.

Joninspain:  Have you notice any side effects (every minor) from taking that level of ALC?

For me, it has interfered with sleep if I take it too late in the day.  This is in much smaller amounts (1-2g/day)