silicon patch

Previous topic - Next topic

east side swiss

so i had an injury ten years ago that has left me with a scar on my left leg (calve) and the dr. gave me a silicone patch to soften the scar, which kinda worked and made it softer.

so during my peyronies researches this patch came into my mind. I still had one laying around and i started using it on my penis. I cannot say anything about the effects, except that it feels soothing and it can't hurt to try.

what are your thoughts on the silicone patch?
(and am i spelling silicone right?!)

skunkworks

Problem is the scar we're talking about is deep under the skin, so though a silicon patch might help for a scar on your skin, it probably won't do anything for one on the tunica albuginea.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

UrsusMinor

The proposed mechanisms for silicone sheets preventing/eliminating scars all seem to focus on interactions within the skin layers. So skunkworks is probably correct.

On the other hand, if it's 'soothing,' I'm in favor of it!

wurzil

Hi

I'm taking homeopathic cell salts 6x for best absorbtion of silica.
As Peronies is, l understand a connective tissue auto-imune disorder, l think a Gluten free diet is best. (Google it)
My daughter cleared up her psoriasis with GF diet despite dumb doctors telling her it was incurable.
I'm also taking herbal anti-inflamatory mix which includes tumeric for pain. Works as well as Ibrofen without the side effects.

Google also the wonderful things about tumeric & ginger,

Should see some relief within a week with GF diet..