My 5 years with Peyronies

Previous topic - Next topic

snowman

Hello my name is David I'm 58 and have had Peyronies for over 5 years now.

Five and a half years ago I noticed a lump on the top of the shaft just below the head and a slight upwards curvature so I and went to my GP.  He diagnosed Peyronies and referred me to a urologist.  The urologist examined me and confirmed the diagnosis.  The only trauma I can recall is a couple of different times with my wife riding me cowgirl style I had slipped out and jammed her pubic bone.  The uro told me that it might resolve itself in a years time and told me to take vitamin E and wait, so I did as he said.  In the meantime I talked to my dad and found out he had an episode with peyronies when he was in his 50's and it had resolved itself.  After another 6 months the upward bend got worse with the tip pointing almost straight up.  Sex hat gotten very uncomfortable for my wife and most positions proved to be impossible.  The uro told me the only thing that could be done was a Nesbit procedure but they would only do that after a year had passed with no change and he referred me to another urologist in the practice that does penile surgery.  Four years ago I had a Nesbit procedure done with successful results.  I was once again straight though a little over an inch shorter than I was before Peyronies struck (I used to be 6" in length and now am at just under 5")  The overall length after the Nesbit was the same as it was before the procedure - I attribute the length loss to the Peyronies.  

Things went along fine until about 6 months ago as I noticed another plaque, this time near the base of the shaft.  This time instead of a curvature I experienced hourglassing.  I had already lost length but didn't take that too bad since I have always been quite "girthy".  Now with starting to lose girth I was starting to get a little worried.  Last month at my regular uro appointment I asked him what could be done about the hourglassing.  He told me that since it was near the base of the shaft that Xiaflex was contra-indicated and that there wasn't anything he could do.  I told him that doing nothing was not an option and asked about vacuum therapy.  My uro asked how my erections were - I can readily attain them, but lately have been having "leak down" where it gets noticibly softer before we finish.  He said it probably wouldn't help the hourglassing much but that I could give it a try and he prescribed a VED for me and that with using a constriction ring it would allow me to maintain a consistent erection quality.  I got the VED last week (Augusta Medical Supply single cylinder Response II unit) and have started with the daily exercise regimen.  We've also used the VED with a constriction ring for sex and my wife really noticed the difference!

LWillisjr

Snowman,
If you have any questions regarding using the VED for therapy, contact or PM 'Old Man'. He is the forum expert on VED usage and happy to help.

Les
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History