Permanent Sutures Dissolved?

Previous topic - Next topic

this_day

Hi everyone, I have had 3 surgeries (2 plications failed, the last nesbit was a success) and was wondering if anyones sutures have dissolved or become unnoticeable?  It has been 2 years since I had my nesbit surgery and for the most part, some of the sutures along the top of my penis (dorsal vein) are still noticeable to the touch.  I can definitely feel the bumps there.  

Anyone else feel the same thing or has theirs dissolved?  How long does it usually take to heal 100%??
Age 37

Norm

Are you sure they dissolved? Has your penis gone back crooked? My doc told me that after enough time my sutures would become embedded enough into the tissue around them that I would not be able to even feel them. After only four months they are already not as noticeable as they were. If I were concerned that they are no longer there, I would contact the doctor and quiz him about that.
Norm  
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

this_day

Norm,

I meant mine haven't completely dissolved.  My doc told me the same thing, that after awhile they will become embedded and not as noticeable.  Well a few of mine have dissolved but there are still 5 or more that haven't, I can still feel them.  

And no my penis is still straightening out, not 100% but definitely better than it was.
Age 37

BrooksBro

My plication surgery was October 2012.  I am not sure if I feel the sutures themselves (there was some discussion about this during an ultrasound on Monday of this week), or if I am just feeling where the tunica was bunched up by the sutures.  I can feel these only when flaccid.  I cannot feel them at all when erect.  I assumed they would always be there, otherwise they would not be doing the intended purpose and I would be fully curved once again.

Norm

This,
I am having trouble following, I guess. How do you know they have dissolved? How do you know some have partially dissolved?
Norm

this_day

I had quite a bit of sutures for my surgery, and now after 2 years, i still feel about 5 or so, esp during an erection.

i was wondering if all of them would dissolve over time
Age 37

Norm

None of them dissolve. By definition, they are permanent. That you cannot feel them in no way indicates that they are gone. Tissue may regenerate around them to the point that you cannot feel them all anymore, but they are still there. If your penis is still straight, then they are still doing their job.
Norm

this_day

Age 37