New member - hard to find good doctors!

Previous topic - Next topic

Toomanywords

Hello I'm new here.  I'm 34 in Atlanta.  About 5 years ago I was "experimenting" and ruptered something within my penis.  Being at a bad time in my life and (blah blah blah) I didn't have it properly looked at, and it healed poorly.  Now I'm having loss of sensation in the head, and an old scar in the shaft, and I'm finally in a position to deal with it properly.

Unfortunately it seems near impossible to find information about who is the best qualified (in the area and in the country) to look at this sort of thing.  I did find a doctor (Chad R) at the Emory urology department, but he's not taking new patients any more.  That, and the other doc who knew anything left for another hospital.

I am new here so I'll definitely be doing my due diligence in searching through the site, but I just thought I'd introduce myself and see if I could at least get some basic advice.  (Even links to threads!).  I found the reference to Dr. Chad R through this site so hopefully there are others too.

Who's the best doctor/department in the Atlanta area?  southeast?  country?

On a side note this condition definitely gets too little sympathy from people.

Hello!

Norm

The next closest on our radar is. Dr. Milam at Vanderbilt Univ. in Nashville. There is a list of the usual docs on the home page under Urologists and Others. Good luck.
Norm
Ps- I just saw a post about a Dr. Morganstern in Atlanta.  
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

cowboyfood

Well, I was going to suggest Dr. Chad Ritenour for the Atlanta area, but apparently he's not taking patients!  
Currently:  L-Arginine (2g), Vit D3)