The non-surgical treatment of Peyronie disease: 2013 Update (feb 2014)

Previous topic - Next topic

positiveoutlook

Since the abstract is so short, I will post the entire article if I can get it. - positiveoutlook

The non-surgical treatment of Peyronie disease: 2013 Update - Abstract
Published on 10 February 2014

inShare

Peyronie disease is a common cause of penile deformity and sexual dysfunction.

Although surgery is regarded as the definitive management for this condition, there are many medical and minimally invasive therapies available, with widely varying efficacy reported in the literature. The purpose of this review is to describe the current state-of-the-art for each of the most commonly used as well as several developing non-surgical treatments. Further, we hope to offer perspectives that will aid practitioners in deciding among these treatments that are either already in use or have the potential to be used as alternatives to surgery in the management of this frustrating disease.

Written by:
Shaw EJ, Mitchell GC, Tan RB, Sangkum P, Hellstrom WJ.   Are you the author?
Department of Urology, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, USA.

Reference: World J Mens Health. 2013 Dec;31(3):183-192.
doi: 10.5534/wjmh.2013.31.3.183

PubMed Abstract
PMID: 24459651

Norm

By all means, if you can post the article, we are interested. This one paragraph abstract tells us nothing about anything.
Norm
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

positiveoutlook

:: WJMH :: The World Journal of Men's Health

Link to full article. This is a fantastic overview, very well written and comprehensive description, interpretation and analysis of current treatment efficacy(s) - perhaps the most informative statement is at the end of the article "While still in its infancy, stem cell therapy offers perhaps the best hope for a definitive cure for Peyronies Disease."

So vote yes on stem cell research, I guess  - perhaps we will see an actual cure or definitive treatment out of Europe before we do in the US with current stem-cell legislation.
Balded, colored by moderator.