Advice needed for congenital curve

Previous topic - Next topic

Bananaman

Hi everyone,

Thanks for this great forum. I can't believe what a great community you've created and its been very useful for me to research my options.

I have a congenital curve of about 30 degrees. I'm 34 now and I've had this as long as I can remember.

I've searched the forum extensively before posting, but I'm still seeking clarity on my options. I'm going to start by trying some stretching exercises and traction. I'll check my measurement and track whether this helps.

It appears that the nesbit is the surgery I'd require. Given that my curve is only 30 degrees, is there another option which does NOT require de-gloving of my penis?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

emasculated

As long as you are not in pain, have no shortening and progression of deviation count yourself one of the lucky ones without Peyronies Disease, leave it alone and move on with your life...
"Without health life is not life; it is only a state of languor and suffering - an image of death."

Norm

Banana man,
See if you can find a doctor that performs "penoscrotal plication". That is the least invasive procedure that I know of. I had it myself and it was easy on me.
Norm
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

LWillisjr

You can certainly try traction first, but there are no studies supporting that any type of traction or stretching will help a congenital curve. It seems that surgery might be your only option for this. And as Norm stated there are some doctors using a procedure now where small incisions are made in the skin covering the penis to allow plication on the Tunica. But I'm sure this is doctor specific so you will want to do your homework.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Bananaman

Just want to say a big thank you to all who've posted on my thread and exchanged private messages with me. The different perspectives you offer with your advice is most useful and I really appreciate all of you taking the time to help someone out who you've never met.

I'm going to try some exercises and traction for a few months and failing that will make contact with Dr Allen who offers the peno-scrotal plication.

Thanks again and good luck to all of you

Stevew87

What about STAGE surgery. I read this Penoscrotal plication as a uniform approach to recon... [BJU Int. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI and Penoscrotal plication sugery does seem very good too. It seems to have the same results as STAGE. Which one is better? Also is there actually any difference?

yyy

if you can have goos sex and you have not Peyronies, then please don't touch it in any way, trust me.

Stevew87

Well when i measure my penis from base to head it's about 7 inches... and thats with a straight ruler not measuring along the downwards curve. Does that mean my penis will be 7 inches after the top take away 3mm? Also do you think he will be able to do the loose circumcision at the same time? Like im worried i will have alot of smega and stuff and not be able to clean it etc.. i can book an appointment soon and it shd hopefully be all covered through nhs which is great! What do you mean by tighter? I won't loose girth will i? Also my penis is bigger on the right and top i'm worried it may look weird...

yyy

Steve

Please relax, you also wrote in the wrong topic.

He will do the surgery at solve all your issues together, phimosis and bent penis. After that, you penis will be much cleaner than before, no smegma or similar. Your penis may have a little increase in girth. It will not look weird at all, you can just get an improvement

Stevew87

I only mentioned the phimosis on the basis of him being able to treat it during the surgery. Increase in girth? Hopefully that will mostly be at the end of the penis... my penis girth is 5.9 base 5.8 middle and 5.5 - 5 at the head. Maybe it will due to the tight skin being around the head.